• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys need to take this attitude and shove it up your a$$. scope was not voted away, it was taken/stolen in ch11.

What?????? Nice piece of revisionary history. Was your company in CH11 when ALPA allowed Cessna 402's and other piston twins to be flown by contract carriers? How about Beech 99's? Dash 7 and 8's, Convair’s and Fokker’s? Then small RJ's. Remember Britt, Rocky Mountain, Bar Harbor?

BINGO again!

Exactly....I have my schedule and 100K a year for flying the mainline gave away...Sorry, but it is mine now....

Yours? Really?? What does the paint job and titles look like on your ASA airplanes anyway? Does it say Atlantic Southeast Airlines in big titles down the fuselage? Do you have your own stand-alone res system and marketing department and all the other stuff that goes along with a "real" airline?

Umm, nope. It says Delta Connection (or United Express) on the side and has a mainline paint job. ASA is a contract lift provider and the flying belongs to mainline, i.e., it ain't "yours".

Exactly....I have my schedule and 100K a year for flying the mainline gave away...Sorry, but it is mine now....

I think the correct term should be mine FOR now. You have every right to do the flying that Delta contracted to ASA, and of course Delta has every right to take it back when conditions warrant. I.E change in pilot contract, market improving for larger aircraft etc.

When the mainline pilots come to me and treat me as an equal and a partner, I will work with them.....If they treat me as the enemy and a lower class, then they can get out of my seat....Their choice....

How the hell do you pass random drug tests? You are not equal to a mainline pilot. Fogging a mirror and keeping a seat warm does not put oneself on the same level as a mainline pilot. They put in their time either flying for some crappy regional for YEARS or were getting shot at in the military just to qualify to fly for a Major. It is insulting to compare those qualifications with someone who bought 300 hours at some Florida flight school.

Us "senior regional guys" have made a career here because the elitest mainline pilots didn't want to fly "little airplanes" and the jobs went away at the "mainline"...Sorry, but I didn't do it, but I'm going do what is best for me now.....

It might be nice for you at the top of the list but the regional job is not what is best for Most of us pilots. Your F/o's are making nothing and you are trying to prolong there misery. If the Regionals expand that means more capt. slots but also more very low paying f/o slots. Someone is going to get stuck in those positions for a very long time. You will get to sit next to them. But hey it worked out for YOU.

Fogging a mirror and keeping a seat warm does not put oneself on the same level as a mainline pilot. They put in their time either flying for some crappy regional for YEARS or were getting shot at in the military just to qualify to fly for a Major. It is insulting to compare those qualifications with someone who bought 300 hours at some Florida flight school.

Whoa!!!! Let us not forget that mainline carriers at one time hired off the steet with a private pilot and paid for the rest of the pilots training. Then stuck the pilot with a lot less time than 300 hrs in a Convair or equivalent. AGAIN more revisionist history. Must have been nice to be a 18

Must have been nice to be a 18 year old new hire at United and them ungrade to 727 capt at 30. Must be the high level of skill and every thing else that came with being born at the right time.

Must have been nice to be a 18 year old new hire at United and them ungrade to 727 capt at 30. Must be the high level of skill and every thing else that came with being born at the right time.

Huh? Please explain........

Don't blame the pilots who fly for the Regionals. Take the anger and resentment directly to your reps and let them know scope is paramount on the JCBA!

Latest resources

Back