• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was my goal 16 years ago also. However the mainline pilots sold this flying for their convenience....then came the dot.com bubble, 911, SARS, and the financial crises.....I now have altered my flight plan and it is about me...as is everyone else on here including YOU!

If you are in fact, that senior, then losing the +50 seat flying will have minimal, if at all, any effect on you... So then why are you so against it???

Yogi

I'm a "punk"?...How about you arrogant mainline pilots who created this mess and now don't like it....Screw you!

DING DING DING!!!!! You major guys are so arrogant to think you have earned anything. YOU have given away every cent of compensation, reputation, progress and integrity to this profession. I absolutely love the guy that says "I was at a regional for 9 years and wanted more 70 seaters"....hmmm were you at RAH? "But now i see the big picture and want the flying thats ours". Whose..? Yours...? But wait .... you were at a regional for 9 years and had no problems with it right?

I am so sick and tired of listening to these self serving, self righteous, high and mighty "major" pilots who are "taking it back". YOU have given everything up for us, we work at a regional for a reason, not a choice. How many of you guys got hired at 24 years old at a major, off the top of my head I can think of three. That was BEFORE SCOPE WAS GIVEN UP and the regionals did not exist.

Flame away guys. The truth sucks.

And now we will be "taking it back", albeit slowly. That will give more of you regional guys the opportunity to move on to the pay scales of a major airline. I'm sorry if the "all about me" baby boomers ruined it for the rest of us by giving away scope over the last decade but the younger crowd at the majors(many of which came from regional airlines) are here to help fix this.

News flash...Everyone on here is looking at this from their own perspective. Your mileage may vary.....
Well I get a vote and you don't. I am looking at it not only for mysel but for those that are just starting. After reading you self centered B/S, you are the problem, and I will not feel even a little sorry for you.

And now we will be "taking it back", albeit slowly. That will give more of you regional guys the opportunity to move on to the pay scales of a major airline.

$30 per hour and no health care for six months? Are you kidding? Your wide body Captains max out less then $200 per hour. You seriously have got to be FN sarcastic to post that. Please tell me you're joking.

I just love seeing this spirit of unity. All for one, one for all. No wonder we're all @#$%ed.

$30 per hour and no health care for six months? Are you kidding? Your wide body Captains max out less then $200 per hour. You seriously have got to be FN sarcastic to post that. Please tell me you're joking.

And your captains max out at? With what B fund match? Tell us about how great you have it flying that regional jet. I'll make 120K this year as a copilot and that is working under a concessionary contract that sucks as we all know. What is your starting pay? No I am not kidding. We will fix our contract. That will include taking back the flying our brothers on the United side had to give up in bankruptcy. No sarcasm here. You and your guppy killer buds might want to start looking for pic time asap as you'll need it to fly the same aircraft you are flying today(provided you have a college degree etc. to get hired at UAL) for the benefits you deserve to have as an airline pilot.

Starting over even in the late 1990's meant taking a short term pay cut. I'm sorry if you and ole Joe Merchant can't afford to do so today. That is your problem. You chose to try and live a life you couldn't afford on regional pay and now you have subjected you and your family to a life of complete mediocracy. Suck it up and reap the benefits in less than 4 years. Or fly that code share aircraft for 30 cents on the dollar for the rest of your life hoping for a shot at Spirit or Allegient.

Latest resources

Back