• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UA/CAL ALPA should (while also taking issue with management) take this up with SA (republic) teamsters. Let them (the pilots) know ahead of time this is wrong (against CAL scope) and will not be tolerated.

Let them (the SA pilots) know that any busting, bending or testing the limits of CAL/UA scope (cal/us jobs) will not be allowed. Let the SA pilot/teamsters go to their management (republic) and tell them they side with the CAL/UA pilots on this issue.

Last edited:
Houston to become a UA mini hub before a JCBA is reached. SKW is transferring CRJ700 from DEN to IAH, XJT is transferring ERJs to DEN to replace them. This is an end run around CAL scope and it's doubtful that CALALPA can do anything about it, it's all UA flying. The CAL flight numbers means nothing since its STAR Alliance code share. As each one of these flights is added it becomes more expensive for the UAL pilots to get the flying back.

Houston to become a UA mini hub before a JCBA is reached. SKW is transferring CRJ700 from DEN to IAH, XJT is transferring ERJs to DEN to replace them. This is an end run around CAL scope and it's doubtful that CALALPA can do anything about it, it's all UA flying. The CAL flight numbers means nothing since its STAR Alliance code share. As each one of these flights is added it becomes more expensive for the UAL pilots to get the flying back.

I'm not sure that is entirely true. Both companies are just aligning the right plane for the right route. There is NO growth of RJ flying as both companies are maxed out as per the individual CBA's. If there is an increase in block hours at either UAL or CAL, it must be added to the other carrier as per the Transition Agreement which prevents whipsaw!

Yogi

I'm not sure that is entirely true. Both companies are just aligning the right plane for the right route. There is NO growth of RJ flying as both companies are maxed out as per the individual CBA's. If there is an increase in block hours at either UAL or CAL, it must be added to the other carrier as per the Transition Agreement which prevents whipsaw!

Yogi

I don't know what the internal numbers are and I hope ALPA is keeping track. All I know is what I see, and that is CRJ700's parked at C, UAL Express flights added to IAH. XJT charter shutting down to put the remaining 6 aircraft into UAL Express service. This is also not a current CAL or UAL route, so it is new flying.

CALALPA will again do nothing about it. They are too busy putting out fires they started in their own ranks. We're screwed.

NO but I am not dumb enough to blame someone for taking a job. Especially since the experience obtained from that job is required to make it to the big show. It is up to all main line pilots to protect their own jobs. Not the job of the “RJ” pilots to protect the job of the main line pilots. No one starts in this industry thinking yea I want to work for contract carrier!

Yogi

Whipsaw!!!!???? the only side making out with this crap is republic, UAL/CO are losing routes......WTFO!....Give my $%^&*() job back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes it is MY $%^@#^& job!!!!

NO but I am not dumb enough to blame someone for taking a job. Especially since the experience obtained from that job is required to make it to the big show. It is up to all main line pilots to protect their own jobs. Not the job of the “RJ” pilots to protect the job of the main line pilots. No one starts in this industry thinking yea I want to work for contract carrier!
Might want to tell that to MGT. and the senior Regional guys. They have planes of making it a long term low paying job.

Latest resources

Back