Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From which ATA exited with JD at the helm, and then promptly began pulling out of the MDW markets, legitimizing a transaction allowing for SWA to acquire gate leases that ATA held. The airline had no chance of survival. As a reward (imo), JD got a nice seat on the LUV BOD.

"Slick"? That hurts.

I know business is business, but how about showing a little humility for the fact that much of SWA's growth (pilot advancement/upgrades)in MDW during this period came at the expense of many ATA pilots? Btw, the final transaction was LUV buying ATA in the last bankruptcy, just for the LGA slots.

I don't know. Maybe it really was a bad dream.

S

All before my time- and I feel for your position. It's a good reminder on humility- honestly.

You might have an interesting perspective though- what do you think of the SLI w/ AT, if you care?

Someone explain this super secret just made public super "A" scale pay which surpasses our FO pay?

You ALPA guys are doing a great job at this.

Don, I'm not saying AAI didn't bring anything to the table, just that the pilots are only bringing themselves. The CBA of AT is a liability for SWAPA, not a bad thing, yet a liability which must be dealt with in any case.

Has harm come to swapa pilots? Yes. Biggest being a thing we call culture, hard to describe to those on the outside, I'll just leave it to say we don't want to see our culture destroyed by the shenanigans of an outside suitor. We believe in starting at the bottom and working your way up. Not as punishment nor a haze, but as training in the art of our spirit, you learn by doing, not by reading a book, again, something hard for outsiders to understand so the first thing they usually do is throw out terms like "elitist".

You mention aircraft numbers; again, AT pilots bring zero aircraft, those belonged to AT, bought by SWA, from monies earned by SWA pilots. AT pilots bring a liability of industry arbitrations showing seat locks, counter to reasonable seniority awards. This would be "a harm" against those SWA FO's who are senior to an AT pilot who gets to keep his seat, get our pay which we spent negotiating capital on, and gets it for life.

Do you not agree SWA pilots sacrificed a minimum three years of no growth/zero upgrades so cash could be accumulated for the eventual buyout of AAI? That money could have purchased SWA jets, not AT jets.

You mention the hypothetical DAL takeover of SWA, given SWA's track record, it's more likely the other way around. We have cash on hand to buy AA outright, but aren't that stupid.

I'll finish and say I see your point, but my point makes more sense, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

You make some good points, and I agree with much of what you say. However At pilots did bring something to the dance, we bring a company built from nothing with suffering and sacrifice (abusive management, numerous contract violations, furloughes etc...). A company with assets valuable enough to your CEO that he risked his legacy and future to buy it. SWA is the greatest airline on the planet, but honestly you could not organically get what AT offered (plus eliminate your toughest competitor). We will acknowledge your sacrifices if you respect and see ours. If you get the credit for creating the $$$ to buy AT, we get the credit for building the company that is a key part to the future success of SWA. Fair enough?

What I find intriguing is that you guys respond to them.............

I don't respond to them. It would just shorten these threads if I didn't have to scroll by the Three Stooges and the Alaskan Midget. They are the same morons from another airline who interject their thoughts on the Hotel Van, when it is a conversation that doesn't include them.

Latest resources

Back