Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys can circle jerk each other all you want by making fun of my jacket, but that still doesn't clear up you still being jackholes does it?

I know, the arrogance of these SWA f/os is unbelievable. Amazing how a 3rd world jet gear jerker can grow such a big ego.

It appears the chances of the Airtran crewmembers having a say in their future is diminishing by the day.

I honestly don't understand. Don't you guys WANT a say?

Gup

Looks like GK wants the integration to continue. Here is a snipet from the Las Vegas article on a seperate thread:

"The other thing I’d mention in terms of growth is that we’re working on integrating AirTran into Southwest Airlines.
What will the acquisition of AirTran bring to Las Vegas?
I hope it brings a lot. Las Vegas is such a popular destination in the United States, certainly a top destination. We’ll be adding somewhere around 35 new Southwest destinations, plus or minus, with the AirTran acquisition. Obviously, it’s still early in that integration process. All of those new destinations for Southwest will potentially be new nonstops for Las Vegas. Clearly, we won’t be adding 35 new nonstops, but my point is that there are a lot of new markets we’ll be adding, Atlanta in particular. We’ll give a good hard look at whether we want to have nonstop service into Las Vegas for all of those. Even if we don’t have nonstop service, you’ll see more traffic flowing in and out of Las Vegas if only on a one-stop basis. Anytime we can add destinations to the Southwest route map, that will be very good for Las Vegas."

What do you guys do when there is an emergency on the plane? Do you slow down and think about a response, or do you quickly make a rash decision that could affect everyone onboard? The AT MEC is slowing down to take a look at this agreement, and if it isn't good enough, then it will be sent back it appears. Kudos to them for taking time to make sure it is right for them. GK obviously wants this deal to go through, and he may have to make it a bit more fair before full scale integration.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Nice response, but if you think SWA or SWAPA is concerned with arbitration you are barking up the wrong tree. What is obvious is your unions inability to make a decision. It's like bush league. You are being played by your second rate attorney, who is billing you guys for every "revision". For your own sake I would hope you guys figure it out before SWA runs out of patience.

More idle threats from SWA FOs. Come on now! Many Airtran guys don't like the wording of the agreement, and it may go to arbitration because GK said it could in the Process Agreement. I am sure GK wants to gain the "synergies" of a merger/aquisition as fast as possible, so he doesn't want a delay, but he may have to sweeten the deal to make it pass, which of course makes you FOs nervous. I don't see how things could get worse for them in arbitration, only better. It could actually be FAIR in arbitration, something that you fear.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No kidding!

It's like they are a cross between a Delta pilot and an Alaska(n) pilot.

Gup

Ahh Gup...

Too funny......:)

You miss me? I stayed off SWA threads on purpose, until the Hired not aquired crowd started their BS.

Sorry you AT guys have ALPA leading you to the end of your careers.

It could have been wonderful...

BATNA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_alternative_to_a_negotiated_agreement
ALPA is doing fine by us. Thanks for your concern.

End of careers? Wow! Just...wow. Really? Your arrogance on display.

Please explain to everyone here how going to arbitration, something which is spelled out in the Process Agreement, leads to the end of an entire pilot group's career.

Why are you and the author of this thread so fearful of going to arbitration? :erm:

Food for thought that counters some of the crap on here. There is no way SWA can operate the AirTran routes without the AirTran employees. It would be illegal and they would get killed in court if they tried. You simply cannot buy a company and can all the employees at will.

Anyone disagree?

If they need time to make sure its right then they should take it. Better to do that than f it up by rushing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back