Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Btw, once the SWA FO's start upgrading around our senior FO's, shouldn't our FO's get override pay for flying with junior SWA FO's? Same principle.
AT FOs will be getting AT Capt pay starting in Apr 2011. That is all they originally hoped for when they took the job at AT. They are realizing their career expectations way earlier than they would have with a stand alone AT.

Orion is exactly right..let me throw out some numbers to illustrate...

Airtran original payscale as of Sept. 26, 2009..

6 year FO - 74/hr, 6 year CA - 124/hr

if that same FO brings his longevity to Southwest..

6 year SW FO - 134.09/hr adjusted Trip for Pay.

They get their Airtran upgrade...plus an easy 10 dollars more per hour with less out of pocket with Health Care, Profit Sharing, etc, etc.

Show me how I'm wrong.

RF

AT FOs will be getting AT Capt pay starting in Apr 2011.

Really? When will those retro checks start arriving? :rolleyes:

That is all they originally hoped for when they took the job at AT. They are realizing their career expectations way earlier than they would have with a stand alone AT.
I'm sure writing stuff like this makes you feel better, but statements like this don't win anyone over to your side; they accomplish the opposite.

AAI pilots read this stuff and realize that they will be viewed and treated as second-class citizens by people like you, unless we receive real system seniority.

Last edited:
AT FOs will be getting AT Capt pay starting in Apr 2011. That is all they originally hoped for when they took the job at AT. They are realizing their career expectations way earlier than they would have with a stand alone AT.

What about when Mars attacks and blew up all of the Southwest 737-300s, and Southwest pilots had to take 50% paycuts in the early part of next year? How do you know what will happen or COULD HAVE happened in the future? You say all the Airtran guys could have EXPECTED is what was in their current contract? Really? You're just guessing, right? Thought so. Idiocy. They could have hit it big and Southwest could have taken a dive for some reason, and everything would have changed, except what is in YOUR HEAD.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just like when the earth stopped it's rotation and there was a moment of silence in Atlanta when the beloved Delta filed for bankruptcy? At the least the double breasted arrogance stopped...for one day.

They could have hit it big and Southwest could have taken a dive for some reason, and everything would have changed,

Well that did not happen and that is why the discussion is what it is...stick to reality which is AAI was acquired...the airplanes belong to SWA, AAI Pilots bring an inferior CBA to the table...that is not hubris, it is fact, and that is what drove negotiations and ultimately the AIP we have before us....

This discourse is almost as much fun as the USAPA tit-for-tat.

It's working in that direction. Keep it up guys/gals becuse it's getting very amusing.

Tex...

I am asking this respectfully, so please respond in kind:

I get it how some SWA F/O's might be upset with having to fly with an AirTran Capt. that is junior to them. But I don't see how that holds any water considering that the AirTran Capt. is flying AirTran aircraft that came over with the combination. It's not like the AAI pilot group showed up hat in hand, in bankruptcy, and brought no aircraft to the table. They did. 140 to be exact, plus 50 options.

So if AAI pilots just flew AAI aircraft, how would that affect a SWA F/O who would never have had access to those aircraft in the first place if it were not for the merger of these two operations?

Don, your where civil so shall I: Airtran aircraft became SWA aircraft on date of corporate closing. Right now, AT pilots are flying SWA jets. SWA jets bought off the backs of SWA pilot labor which banked the cash to make this deal happen.

The AT pilots brought nothing to the deal except a liabilty caused by law to be fair and equitable.

SWA pilots however bring our contract which AT pilots want, not the other way around. Please keep to the facts when discussing whats really happening, thanks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back