Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just so I'm clear... You dues were taken out prematurely, but you didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Because it didn't amount to much money. Now years later, your going to sue if you don't get a refund, because you lost 6 weeks or so of seniority, which was never considered your date of hire.

It is 11 weeks.

Murph, I have respected your opinion till now, but do you really feel right with me losing almost 3 months of seniority?
Honestly. I can see both sides of the argument. Both are valid, and neither is right or wrong. I believe it is just the committees playing hardball. Your committee has thrown out just as many punches in this fight. In the end I believe LOAv2 will stand. I don't believe your lawsuit will.

Honestly. I can see both sides of the argument. Both are valid, and neither is right or wrong. I believe it is just the committees playing hardball. Your committee has thrown out just as many punches in this fight. In the end I believe LOAv2 will stand. I don't believe your lawsuit will.

No, if you started class on the 5th and I started on the 1st, and my hire date is the 29th and yours is the 20th, something is wrong.

I'm pretty sure ALPA will try to settle with me, since anyone with a brain can figure it out.

Still, you didn't answer my question, Is it OK for me to loose seniority because I went' to Pinnacle instead of Mesaba? I did have offers from both, I chose to live in base.

Still, you didn't answer my question, Is it OK for me to loose seniority because I went' to Pinnacle instead of Mesaba? I did have offers from both, I chose to live in base.

Unless you were hired in the last year we both had the SAME bases...

No, if you started class on the 5th and I started on the 1st, and my hire date is the 29th and yours is the 20th, something is wrong.

I'm pretty sure ALPA will try to settle with me, since anyone with a brain can figure it out.
I understand the problem, but you need to understand that you were not considered an employee during this training. It has been the accepted process for a long time, and everyone on property either voted for it or accepted it by taking the job. The '99 agreement allowed it and there was never an LOA or MOU to allow a change to the CBA. The money received, as far as I know was never defined, but dispersed as a stipend or Per Diem. That is not income, but a reimbursement. If it weren't for LOAv2, I don't think you would have a leg to stand on here. Now considering the LOA was negotiated and ratified by all the collective members, I believe it will hold.

In your theoretical situation, you stated if the LOAv2 is not honored, you will sue. They might toss you the what, $100 and settle. But they might laugh you all the way into some deep attorney bills. If there was a discrepancy, you should have brought it up then.

You didn't lose it. You gave it away by taking the job. Hopefully for you LOAv2 may give some of it back. (still missing longevity for pay)

Latest resources

Back