Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, you in particular have been proposing far worse things than that to both XJ and 9L. In fact, your one of the more vocal ones on here. Even if your accusations are true, and they are not, why is it ok for one sli committee to play unfair, but not the others?
My proposal has always been to ensure everyone starts at the same level playing field: DOH as of class date. As for the methods, it doesn't matter what I've proposed, because it's all in Bloch's hands now. But do note, the dispute regarding DOH was initially started by the XJ committee. Not by me, not by you, not by 9L. They jumped into the bandwagon later, claiming they had to adust their piltos' DOH to come in line with ALPA's merger policy, and how they thought it was unfair that one group (implying 9E) did not. What the 9L committee conveniently left out, is that their adjustments were necessary for those pilots hired at Colgan in other non-pilot positions, and then later transferred to a pilot position. Their adjustment was necessary to ensure their pilot class date was considered the DOH for integration purposes. HARDLY the same thing as Pinnacle's case, but the 9L committee still spun this to make it sound like they had to "take one" for the team.

There are no dues dollars involved. On day 1 of class the probationary period started and all pilots were paying dues 1 year from class date (not 1 year from checkride). I'm not going to get in the middle of mudslinging because it's all opposing opinions, but those are the facts on dues.

There are no dues dollars involved. On day 1 of class the probationary period started and all pilots were paying dues 1 year from class date (not 1 year from checkride). I'm not going to get in the middle of mudslinging because it's all opposing opinions, but those are the facts on dues.

Oh yea there are, I started paying dues 9 months and 1 week after my hire date.

My proposal has always been to ensure everyone starts at the same level playing field: DOH as of class date. As for the methods, it doesn't matter what I've proposed, because it's all in Bloch's hands now. But do note, the dispute regarding DOH was initially started by the XJ committee. Not by me, not by you, not by 9L. They jumped into the bandwagon later, claiming they had to adust their piltos' DOH to come in line with ALPA's merger policy, and how they thought it was unfair that one group (implying 9E) did not. What the 9L committee conveniently left out, is that their adjustments were necessary for those pilots hired at Colgan in other non-pilot positions, and then later transferred to a pilot position. Their adjustment was necessary to ensure their pilot class date was considered the DOH for integration purposes. HARDLY the same thing as Pinnacle's case, but the 9L committee still spun this to make it sound like they had to "take one" for the team.

I will be shocked if what you say is true, but it does matter what you proposed. You act like fairness only applies to you and your group

/sigh Yes, I feel, cancel that, it is a known fact that the Colgan Cert was picked based on the amount of aircraft. I thought it was silly from the beginning of this mess that we weren't using it to begin with. Why fire up a whole new Q400 program when Colgan already had it?

But, and I want to hear you say it, Colgan is inferior to Mesaba.

I will be shocked if what you say is true, but it does matter what you proposed. You act like fairness only applies to you and your group

PM sent.

All my proposals directly had to do with what each group brings into the merger. If your airline is bringing a shrinking fleet, to be non-existant in less than 18 months, then that has to be accounted for in any integration proposal. To not do so, and just do striaght DOH, would punish the junior end of the airline that hired most since 2008: Colgan. My proposals were fair for the amount of pilots still on Mesaba's list to do flying for 60 RJs, and that number was around 760-810. For for those positions, we can work with a mixture of relative and DOH. For the positions after that, say, from 760-810 through the rest of the list, it is obvious these positions would go along with the Saabs. Their addition to the list therefore has to be accounted for.

What makes you think a strike would have started? You don't think the company would have settle in the dark wee hours of the night? Hmm, I seem to recall a *certain* regional airline in a 30 day cooling period and then settling a new contract just hours after midnight before a potential strike, circa Jan 2004.
Obviously you don't remember then. Because Mgmt. voluntarily shut down for 3 days before the TA was reached. Didn't happen at night at all.

Oh yea there are, I started paying dues 9 months and 1 week after my hire date.

After your "checkride date" which is now an old "back in the day" story. You should have had dues come out on the first check that was 365 days after day 1 of class- now "officially" your DOH.

Correct?

But, and I want to hear you say it, Colgan is inferior to Mesaba.
The only one implying this is you. This was obviously a financially driven decision, and it was strange that it was not the original plan. Most agree the name change is to disassociate the airline from the Colgan name, which gets drug through the mud by the media on a weekly basis.

Latest resources

Back