Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh bloody hell, screw this. Life's too short. I'll debate again once the final award comes out. Meanwhile, these talks are becoming more moot. Until then, good day, cheerio!

The only one implying this is you. This was obviously a financially driven decision, and it was strange that it was not the original plan. Most agree the name change is to disassociate the airline from the Colgan name, which gets drug through the mud by the media on a weekly basis.

I'd like the original poster to answer the question.

So you were paying dues 9 months after your first day of class? That's an error- did you ever call anyone about it?

Why would I care till now. 1.95% of $1700 is not worth a fight. BUT, when you multiply by "maybe" 2500 pilots my math says ALPA owes us maybe $250,000?

But, and I want to hear you say it, Colgan is inferior to Mesaba.

Why would I say that? I don't think it. I think we should all have a fair integration. I like them a hell of a lot more than Pinnacle at this point. I think Colgan pilots were treated like crap and at least they aren't going around spouting off about how they deserve this or that because they are growing. I don't think I have heard from a single Colgan pilot on this issue. I am also almost certain I will have a Colgan pilot hired after me above me on the list. Not sure how that couldn't happen.

Last edited:
Management - What former Mesaba flight ops managers are going to be at PCL other than this DV guy?

Union leaders - Its unlikely that Mesaba will retain any reps in the combined MEC except for the MSP Council. 2 out of 14 of the voting reps is not exactly a strong influence.

Training centers - Who cares what building training is being done in (both training centers will remain in full swing by the way)? Answer this.....why was PCLs training program and procedures chosen for the CRJ fleet if Mesaba's was superior?

Chief Pilots - All of the Domicile Chief Pilots for the new PCL will be from the old PCL.

Contracts - The JCBA barely even resembles the old Mesaba contract. Why do you guys keep claiming that we are all working under your old contract?

I don't know where you are getting this info...but I can tell you that at least the points regarding union representation and chief pilots are incorrect...This isn't speculation...I know for a fact that at least one domicile chief will be from xj...

So, how did Pinnacle lose a "rock solid" 200 to another company? I thought they were all locked in until 2017? That sure paints a different picture to the "snapshot" that should be used for SLI. While it certainly wasn't the pilots fault, how many would Delta have taken if there wasn't this merger? That's six less captain slots available to all of us now. By the way, ASA should be offering full seniority integration for 10 pilots based on how we screwed Express back in the day, right?

Latest resources

Back