Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh and don't tell me that you were just going to just get all that stuff in your new contract without XJ. If you say that than I would respond that we were also going to find flying for the Saabs.

Excuse you, my current disdain is with the XJ merger comittee trying to screw me (and every other 9E guy) out of 2 months of seniority by forcing us to use sim date, while ensuring they (XJ) themselves and 9L are using their own class dates. You want me to sing kum ba yah?

Let me fix it for you:

They (XJ + 9L) have shown complete disregard to fairness in this integration and only talk about how they can justify screwing 9E for their personal advancement

We are trying to screw you out of two months in which you didn't work for your company (you were a contractor)? You are the one that took the job and accepted the fact you weren't hired until you finished your sim stuff. Sounds to me like you were screwing yourself. As my previous posts show, I always thought it was fair to move your DOH to the same as ours, but the audible Pinnacle opinion of trying to screw the other guys has made me rethink my opinion on the subject. Using your current DOH to integrate has more legal merit than using the damn LOA, or putting almost all the XJ and Colgan pilots below 9E on the seniority list. Sounds to me like we pretty much gifted you that provision as opposed to using every means possible to screw you with it. Make no mistake, the past week's debacle was not about whether or not to allow shifting your DOH's. That issue was resolved a long time ago. It was about suspicious activity on the new list they presented to Mr. Bloch. And from what I hear, it was even screwing some of your own pilot group.

In order to get a new contract before the merger, I am sure you would have had to been released to strike. I may be wrong, but isn't there language in the ASA that says if you strike it opens the ASA? I remember hearing that a while back and thinking about how screwed you guys were.

How much seniority were the XJ/9L guys getting screwed out of with 9Es final proposal? Pot meet kettle.

They key word there is FINAL proposal. 9E's merger committee tried several varying ways to negotiate towards this integration. Both XJ and 9L were steadfast on their own methods, DOH and realtive, respectively. That is a straight-up method of all DOH or all relative. There is no room for negotiating when you present a straight-up (all or nothing) method. 9E tried several different things. In fact, one offer to Colgan was something they are probably gonna regret turning down. A combo of relative/DOH for Colgan. As for the XJ, a combo or relative/DOH as well, but dependant on aircraft that are currently covered under air service agreement (basically, RJs only). There were quite a few different proposals put out by the 9E committee, but unfortunately, unless it was straight up DOH, XJ didn't wanna hear it, and unless it was straight up relative, 9L didn't wanna hear it. And you mean to tell me that those two groups weren't trying to get as much of a seniority grab for themselves, with their own proposal? 9E hesitantly had to submit the final view, when everyone knows that almost no group wanted to negotiate towards an integration. In fact, one particular group wanted everything to be in the hands of the arbitrator far, far before Apr 15.

We are trying to screw you out of two months in which you didn't work for your company (you were a contractor)? You are the one that took the job and accepted the fact you weren't hired until you finished your sim stuff. Sounds to me like you were screwing yourself.

I *did* work for the company since my class date. I filled out all the employment forms, I was in their HR system, the I9 form, I got paychecks every friday from "Pinnacle Airlines" written on them. Your argument that I didn't work for the company holds no water. Pinnacle even gave me a seniority number on day of class, as had everyone else. Your arguments just don't hold any water.

In order to get a new contract before the merger, I am sure you would have had to been released to strike. I may be wrong, but isn't there language in the ASA that says if you strike it opens the ASA? I remember hearing that a while back and thinking about how screwed you guys were.
What makes you think a strike would have started? You don't think the company would have settle in the dark wee hours of the night? Hmm, I seem to recall a *certain* regional airline in a 30 day cooling period and then settling a new contract just hours after midnight before a potential strike, circa Jan 2004.

There is no sense still arguing back and forth. What's done is done and short of a usair/America west debacle there is nothing we can do to change the outcome no matter the results. The good news is that any loss in seniority will be quickly recovered when there is mass attrition due to pilots having strokes.

You know, I'm trying to stay positive, looking forward to working with future XJ 9E'rs. I'm trying to get the whole happy family image and working as one. However, it is still amiss to many that despite what was presented in negotiations, the final method will be Bloch's. It doesn't matter XJ wanted DOH, 9L wanted relative, and 9E's final was a stat/cat method. It just don't matter. The final result and award will be Bloch's choosing.

So that having been said, all these 'pot, meet kettle' arguments don't hold true. The award will be Bloch's, regardless of the final viewpoint of any one airline. What *DOES* matter is when two airlines dispute a 3rd airline's start date, when those 2 airlines already get their pilot class date as their DOH, and try to argue with Bloch that 9E should not have their DOH as class date, rather, as sim date. Our LOA #2 V. already fixes that correction, and both XJ and 9L agreed to that the day the JCBA passed. All this was before SLI negotiations.

Do you see the point? The final award, methodology is out of our hands, but the one thing in our hands is the dispute. It can be a possibility that the dispute hold and 9E is screwed. This is where I lose the whole family thing. Because I know my XJ and 9L brethern will not be deciding the SLI award, only Bloch will. But the one thing XJ and 9L can decide is what happens for our starting points. It is very hard for me to accept my new family, a family starting at point A, when they are trying to force me (and my other 9E brothers) to start at point B, simply to get ahead by 2 months on average. Why can't we all start at point A? Why are so many XJ/9L trying to intentionally screw with another incoming family member? All 3 families had already decided to adjust DOH to the beginning of starting training (class date) per LOA #2 transition agreement.

I'll be one happy family when XJ and 9L drop this ridiculous attempt at seniority grab. Both of them are starting at point A, and forcing us to start later as point B. Which is hilarious, because their initial dispute to Bloch makes them sound like Pinnacle would gain an advantage over them by 2 months. So it's ok for XJ to start at Point A, it's ok for 9L to start at Point A, but Pinnacle was suppose to start at Point A + 2months, which is Point B. Now, 9E's list shows Point A as a starting point, and the other two went up in arms! Point A should be the starting ground for all 3 airlines.

That is what I'm having a hard time accepting the new family with.

I *did* work for the company since my class date. I filled out all the employment forms, I was in their HR system, the I9 form, I got paychecks every friday from "Pinnacle Airlines" written on them. Your argument that I didn't work for the company holds no water. Pinnacle even gave me a seniority number on day of class, as had everyone else. Your arguments just don't hold any water.

Then why wasn't it your DOH? That's the only argument that matters.

What makes you think a strike would have started? You don't think the company would have settle in the dark wee hours of the night? Hmm, I seem to recall a *certain* regional airline in a 30 day cooling period and then settling a new contract just hours after midnight before a potential strike, circa Jan 2004.

But your management was so much more ruthless!! :rolleyes: It obviously wasn't getting done without a strike.

Latest resources

Back