• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You swa boys are funny. Have any of y'all been around long enough to remember when
y'all were paid like Fo's at most airlines? And they didn't buy their types. Y'all were a cross between a startup and a regional. Your pay is by default, nothing else. You did not fight for those rates. We did, and you rode our coat tails. Your mgmt. made a very, very, shrewd gamble with the heating oil hedges. Good for them and you. Get use to the 12-15 yr. upgrades and stop acting like such ******************************s.

Go back to your Delta forum. We listen to you b!tch for years, now its our turn.

The AirTran turnover rate is what allowed the quick upgrade times in the past.

There was a time when that was true but we also experienced explosive growth with our seniority list almost doubling during my first few years. When I interviewed in 2004, I was told 3 years to upgrade and moved over exactly as promised. I'm sure there was a time when Southwest had very quick upgrades as well.

I took a few days off from this forum and it was a nice breather. When this is all said and done I hope our new AirTran brothers will feel like part of the family no matter how the SLI goes. Same goes for SWA guys. Regardless of outcome I hope we lick our wounds and move on. Big things are on the horizon for us all.

But in the meantime, Mine is bigger than Yours!

There's a class 3 unsubstantiated rumor on another board that Big D may be trying to slow this thing down. It would be interesting to see what is discussed in the corporate war rooms concerning tactics and strategies (all legal I'm sure) during these types of deals. Theoretically, how could other airlines apply pressure to the DOJ to slow down the aquisition and integration of AAI by SWA?

Willie's stoned again

The AirTran turnover rate is what allowed the quick upgrade times in the past.

Upgrades are driven by the number of aircraft and their utilization, not attrition, which was mostly by FO's.

I was hired in 2001. We have more than tripled in size since then, with the growth rate at 20% for much of the past ten years. That's where the upgrades came from.

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark on the trannies!
In the short run yes, it will leave a mark....In the long run regarding SLI it will only help. They see that 62 number and our side will use that as a Negotiation leverage whilst dealing with the Arbiter.

Forgive the "our side" comment. Soon we will be as one, Albeit "two brothers from another mother"

And I believe that is the plan. South Americas too. Ty can we have a group hug and just get along?
Dude your such a troll and instigator. TY will easily keep his seat. Just look at the DAL-NWA match up. DAL bought NWA but lost relative seniority.

Makes me laugh.... "its what your seniority will hold". We aint gots no 4-5 year Captains at Southwest and we wont after SLI. Get use to walk-arounds again, weekends and Oakland.

So your going to downgrade over 300 captains?? Riiiiiiight.

It's not a downgrade if your pay and career expectations of final earnings go up (significantly). I would GLADLY take a loss of relative seniority if purchased by a UPS/FEDEX type operation if the end-game earnings worked out in a similar way. Seat is not important. Pay is important. I don't want to upgrade because it's a better seat...I want the money.

Latest resources

Back