• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think GK's intentions is to dump AT. I believe GK will take care of his immediate family first. As far as seat's and who will keep them, I believe M/B will apply and is the best thing for both AT and SWA, especially for SWA if it goes to court. It's all about what is fair and equitable. So I have full trust in SWAPA and SWA to insure that our family is taken care of first. It's all about the transaction agreement.

In other words you think the AirTran folks are not part of your so called "family"?
Say goodbye to your "SWA culture". Especially if SWA F/O's somehow think they are inheriting the AirTran Captain seats.

In other words you think the AirTran folks are not part of your so called "family"?
Say goodbye to your "SWA culture". Especially if SWA F/O's somehow think they are inheriting the AirTran Captain seats.

Dan, Dan!

Relax brother, Right now AT is not SWA. GK has stated over the past two months that we are still competitors. So if you are my competitor, you are not apart of the SWA family. Does that make sense? If not just PM and we can talk about culture and family, and what it means to be a SWA family member. The way you posted, sounds like to me you have captain insecurities. It's ok Dan relax. This is FI.

Tough Crowd, Tough Crowd . . . . :bawling:

I believe a Brokeback Mountain avatar was used for a while by Uppercrust. I don't think anyone even complained . . . . Of course, they probably just thought it was how he rolled . . . . . :erm:

I had a Frank Zappa one that really got people rankled for some reason. I think it was the mustache.

Your stockbroker? Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!!! Now there's an industry sage!!

Who do you work for ace? Mesa? Gulfstream? I'm sure you'd beg to be stapled at Pinnacle if you could.

2nd or 3rd tier eh? Get schooled jackwagon. AirTran is a Major and with the new contract is only paid less than SWA and ALA. Paid same or higher than all the other Majors on like equipment except for Delta 737NG. Delta DC9 pays equal to AAI B717.

Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself right here:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy.html

Laugh it up. He reiterated today after doing some due diligence that he thought the employees wouldn't be combined due to the importance of the SWA culture in the business plan. Merging the groups could be devastating - just look at the bickering here on FI.

Especially if SWA F/O's somehow think they are inheriting the AirTran Captain seats.

Makes me laugh.... "its what your seniority will hold". We aint gots no 4-5 year Captains at Southwest and we wont after SLI. Get use to walk-arounds again, weekends and Oakland.

We aint gots no 4-5 year Captains at Southwest

The AirTran turnover rate is what allowed the quick upgrade times in the past.

Last edited:
You swa boys are funny. Have any of y'all been around long enough to remember when y'all were paid like Fo's at most airlines? And they didn't buy their types. Y'all were a cross between a startup and a regional. Your pay is by default, nothing else. You did not fight for those rates. We did, and you rode our coat tails. Your mgmt. made a very, very, shrewd gamble with the heating oil hedges. Good for them and you. Get use to the 12-15 yr. upgrades and stop acting like such ******************************s.

It is funny because the airtran people probably think they would get relative senority with a company like American is AA bought them. Maybe it is a Southwest thing.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back