• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty, you are an aai captain. You will be a captain at swa rates (read about $7k/month more minimum) VERY SOON if you guys are reasonable. You will keep your seat until this closes with one certificate, probably two years. You will keep your seat during the expected fence. At the end of the fence, there will be significant new hires (hopefully). So, even if you lose your seat on the master sl, you may still keep it after the fences come down. You win no matter what.

I'm cautiously optimistic for all of us, former AAI and current SWA alike. I wouldn't be surprised to see larger equipment going across the pond by the end of the decade.

Yeah I know Bob. If only we could have this opportunity Bob. Ty, c'mon man quit bluffing and just let it out "..woooohooooo...". There you go buddy, feels better doesn't it? You too j-rod.....etc., etc.,...

You and me both dude. I'd give anything to get stapled to Southwest Airlines if I were sitting anywhere on the Trannie list. Basically going from a second or third tier airline with a bottom feeder contract to the best, most stable and highest paying airline in America. YGBFSM. Talk about LUCK!!!

I guess the senior captains there at AirTran don't give a crap about ruining it for everyone else, which is what I totally see happening. Heck, even my stockbroker thinks that Southwest will never integrate the pilots. But Ty knows better. haha. Um, yeah, riiiiight Ty!

Who cares what your stockbroker boyfriend says? He must really be top-notch to have a client like you. :laugh:

:( This really is turning into the newest iteration of AWA/USAir merger. It really is too bad.

I disagree.. you are giving a few people here (many who work for neither airline and just stirring the pot) too much credit. Despite what a few anonymous posters on flight info may try to convince you. If SWA's culture is all thats it talked up to be.. things are going to be just fine, no matter the outcome.

You and me both dude. I'd give anything to get stapled to Southwest Airlines if I were sitting anywhere on the Trannie list. Basically going from a second or third tier airline with a bottom feeder contract to the best, most stable and highest paying airline in America. YGBFSM. Talk about LUCK!!!

I guess the senior captains there at AirTran don't give a crap about ruining it for everyone else, which is what I totally see happening. Heck, even my stockbroker thinks that Southwest will never integrate the pilots. But Ty knows better. haha. Um, yeah, riiiiight Ty!
Your stockbroker? Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!!! Now there's an industry sage!!

Who do you work for ace? Mesa? Gulfstream? I'm sure you'd beg to be stapled at Pinnacle if you could.

2nd or 3rd tier eh? Get schooled jackwagon. AirTran is a Major and with the new contract is only paid less than SWA and ALA. Paid same or higher than all the other Majors on like equipment except for Delta 737NG. Delta DC9 pays equal to AAI B717.

Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself right here:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy.html

I'm cautiously optimistic for all of us, former AAI and current SWA alike. I wouldn't be surprised to see larger equipment going across the pond by the end of the decade.

Why wait? You can see large equipment going across the pond this afternoon if you like. It will be painted in Delta/United/American and, did I leave anyone else out....oh yeah, U.S. Airways colors. Head out to ATL/EWR/PHL/JFK/DFW/ORD/DTW/CLT/IAH/IAD anytime to watch this take place.

Why wait? You can see large equipment going across the pond this afternoon if you like. It will be painted in Delta/United/American and, did I leave anyone else out....oh yeah, U.S. Airways colors. Head out to ATL/EWR/PHL/JFK/DFW/ORD/DTW/CLT/IAH/IAD anytime to watch this take place.

Oh, I can wait until I'm driving it, thanks! ;)

How're things looking at UAL/CAL for someone with your seniority? What equipment/base/type of flying are you doing?

Latest resources

Back