Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not blue, not purple, but BLURPLE...

Please ...... It's 'Burple'TM

I understand you work for Southwest, however I invented the technique; "The bastardization of the English language combining the strange mixing of colors".TM

I discovered it during a Peyote fugue late in 1964. You owe me threven dollars ..... :)

Oh, I can wait until I'm driving it, thanks! ;)

How're things looking at UAL/CAL for someone with your seniority? What equipment/base/type of flying are you doing?

Just fine. Got about 1000 below me on the CAL side(yes, I'm still looking backwards if that tells you anything..) and who knows after the SLI comes out. IAH based on the 757/767 as FO. Do a little domestic and a bit of international these days. I've got all but 1 weekend off this month and I did better than many but less than a SWA 737 FO on 3rd year pay as an FO on 5 year pay(on 6th year pay now). Still less than if I had stayed at AirTran where I was an early 2003 hire and would be a 717 CA on 8th year pay but you make the decisions you are faced with given the information you have to work with at the time. I don't regret leaving but the SWA pay would have been nice. I hope we can catch up on our small small narrow body pay and adjust upward on the next contract. We have an uphill climb yet to make here at CAL/UAL but I think things will pan out. Never a dull moment in this industry. Good luck with the merger. I know it will be a good thing for all.

IAHERJ

Last edited:
IIAHERJ- Sounds like it worked out A-OK to me. You've got decent seniority and lots of great variety to choose from. If I lived near a CAL domicile and was offered a spot, I probably would have taken it, too. Still way too early for any of us to know the ending.

Regards,
Ty

I'm cautiously optimistic for all of us, former AAI and current SWA alike. I wouldn't be surprised to see larger equipment going across the pond by the end of the decade.

What? Was Bob planning on that or did your career expectations get a facelift since 9/28? ;)

Gup

Exactly !! I had it in my box of Crayola thirty-eleven colors years ago.

Damn you all .......

I'll see you all in the ridiculously small claims court. You'll recognise me. I'll be wearing a velvet burple smoking jacket.

I'm slewing !

What? Was Bob planning on that or did your career expectations get a facelift since 9/28? ;)

Gup

Even when Joe L. was CEO the talk at recurrent was the ridiculously low lease rates on 757's and what we could do with those. Maybe you missed it, but even little Sun Country was planning proving runs to Stanstead ... in 737's!

Bob its easy for you to say you would be happy to be stapled but rest assured if you were really in aai shoes I think you would feel differently. Who doesn't want to be in the best position possible? Do you think so little of yourself that a staple is good enough. That right there is the attitude of a loser.

Latest resources

Back