Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lonestar

"Southwest holds firm orders, options and purchase rights for approximately 250 737-700s, not including the firm orders for 62 737-700s that AirTran Airways holds and which Southwest Airlines would inherit if its proposed takeover of AirTran in 2011 goes ahead as planned."

It looks like Gary isn't waiting for DOJ to start taking over. These aircraft will be flown by current SWA pilots before (or even if?) the two operations are combined.

New B.737-7H4 (N556WN, msn 33936) ordered by Southwest Airlines (slot transfer from AirTran)
New B.737-7H4 (N555LV, msn 36726) ordered by Southwest Airlines (slot transfer from AirTran)

Not any real news there. So some delivery slots got switched. Why waste the money painting 'em green, they're only going to get repainted purple.

Interesting to note that AirTran orders are in the 60's, not 50's.

Last edited:
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark on the trannies!

Bob, you crack me up. Great times to work for swa I'm sure; it's too bad neither of us do! I would be crawling to Dallas if I was an aai pilot to make sure this doesn't fall through.

Bob, you crack me up. Great times to work for swa I'm sure; it's too bad neither of us do! I would be crawling to Dallas if I was an aai pilot to make sure this doesn't fall through.

I'm sure that most of the trannies would crawl to Dallas. The problem is the senior captains at that company that post on here and make the entire group look like arrogant clowns. Heck, you can even read posts from a year ago from these guys begging to be bought and stapled.

Yeah I know Bob. If only we could have this opportunity Bob. Ty, c'mon man quit bluffing and just let it out "..woooohooooo...". There you go buddy, feels better doesn't it? You too j-rod.....etc., etc.,...

not really news, these jets will be used to replace the flying aluminum reinforced battle wagons known as 300's and 500's. Nothing to see here, no net fleet increase. the oft heard 300 glass upgrade is now slipping right, way right.

Ty, c'mon man quit bluffing and just let it out "..woooohooooo...". There you go buddy, feels better doesn't it? You too j-rod.....etc., etc.,...

I'll "woo-hoo" when all is said and done. I'd rather be happy later than disappointed later. ;)

Latest resources

Back