• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Swapa will make you guys an offer that you might not get from an arbitrator. I'll bet the majority of aai pilots just want to get this done. As they say, a bird in the hand.....

I don't think this will go to arbitration.
I hope you are right my friend. I hope our unions can come to a fair agreement and we can move on. If a reasonable agreement is put out to a vote then arbitration won't be necessary. Reasonable is very relative my friend. Here's to a big bad ass LUV machine.
:beer:

We averaged 10-12 retirements a year until they stopped.

We did have a handful of retirements each year, which along with growth gave Ty and myself about a 3 year upgrade. Around 2004 through 2007 though there was slower growth and massive attrition. In late 2005 Ashley said we had about 12% attrition (from both seats), which accounted for nearly half that years hiring. Just goes to show what a dump this place is!

Say what you will about Airtran, but it really is not a bad place to work! We are young, have a great time together, and the airline makes money! I believe both places are great assets, and the merged airline will NOT shrink! Growth through low volume routes(ie. Aruba one flt, once a week. SWA probably 8 flts a day) will spur growth and accelerate upgrades!
I see a lot of sharp TOOLS coming out of the tool box on both sides. At the end of the day, we are all the same. You fly people in metal from point to point. There is no reason for egos, when the arbitrator will take care of business.
I think we will all have a blast together, and be more successful doing so together! Look forward to drinking some beer with you all. take care!

Yes! A arbitrator will take care of us and all the the new SWA brothers. I wouldn't wish that at all. At the end of the yes we are people and the same, but when it comes to your company verse SWA, it is night and day.

You'd better ask the bottom half of the WN list if they are cool with that.

Gup

I will say I am not cool with it. I sit close to CJ, and what I have seen on the AAI list in relation to average age ( 1500-1700 swa guys would have a 20 year upgrade) and even AAI current contract doesn't even come close to ours! I want seniority in return. If it goes to arbitration I trust SWAPA. THIS WILL NOT GO DOWN LIKE DELTA/NWA! Sorry.

Latest resources

Back