Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Skanza, I've been looking at your avatar....A single RED EYE.....now go grab a mirror, bend over, pull your cheeks a-part, and come back here and tell me if you don't see a single red eye in the reflection. I'm sure most would call that an a$$ hole.

Skanza you talk self serving and hypocrisy. Look in the mirror ED. You were sent from management to the field to be a field agent for your "friend" Bob. I'm sure promises have been made that you will again be some form of manager if the union is broken. Even now you are benefitting from a "special deal". When you were a manager you thew pilots under the bus and were less than honest all to advance your own self interest ED. You don't give a rip about anybody other than yourself ED, and never have. I find it ironic that you call someone else a self serving hypocrit. If you want to see a self serving hypocrit look in the mirror ED

PS skanza AKA Ed. When the strike happens and you cross the picket line feel free to look for me. Even though I don't work there anymore as a union pilot I fully intend to be there supporting my fellow pilots. See you then ED.

Just curious as to how the 1108 is defining struck work? Say Joe Millionaire wants to go to ASE RTF now and FLOPS is striking. He calls up the Marquis or CS sales rep and buys a 25 hour jet card and does the trip. Is this considered struck work?

A definition from 1108 leadership would be nice. However, I’m of the opinion that if a pilot “thinks” he’s flying struck work, he probably is.

I have a lot of friends that were former frac pilots that now work for charter operators. They have told me that they will be looking for FLOPS trips and brokered trips that they recognize as FLOPS. Will they refuse them? A lot of them will. Those charter operators need to be advised that putting struck work on their pilots might just yield results that they really don’t want to deal with.

Well said. Looks like you have a grasp on simple mathematics - unlike others here...

Simple mathematics Ed would dictate that if the company isn't doing well that senior management would be sharing in the cutbacks that they have inflicted on labor. Instead there are junior executives going on family vacations in company jets. You claim that the union guys are self serving. It seems to me that "senior leadership" is self serving and really doesn't care about the survival of the company or they wouldn't be acting that way. If you are so altruistic and care about the health of the company how about you save some corporate funds and give back some of your pay from your special deal Ed.

A definition from 1108 leadership would be nice. However, I’m of the opinion that if a pilot “thinks” he’s flying struck work, he probably is.

I have a lot of friends that were former frac pilots that now work for charter operators. They have told me that they will be looking for FLOPS trips and brokered trips that they recognize as FLOPS. Will they refuse them? A lot of them will. Those charter operators need to be advised that putting struck work on their pilots might just yield results that they really don’t want to deal with.

Please, please, please don't take this the wrong way. Just an honest question.

Wouldn't a CS or NJA pilot simply be flying their customers around and not necessarily a FLOPS owner? As I look at it...as long as the passenger is not listed as a FLOPS sell-off, then he is just another Marquis or jet card customer. There is no way for the CS or NJA pilot to know.

Not against unions at all, nor would I ever cross the line. This situation just promotes an interesting question.

Please, please, please don't take this the wrong way. Just an honest question.

Wouldn't a CS or NJA pilot simply be flying their customers around and not necessarily a FLOPS owner? As I look at it...as long as the passenger is not listed as a FLOPS sell-off, then he is just another Marquis or jet card customer. There is no way for the CS or NJA pilot to know.

Not against unions at all, nor would I ever cross the line. This situation just promotes an interesting question.

This is a false question. If somene owns a Marquis card. He is a nj customer. Plenty of people own shares on more than one frac.

This is a false question. If somene owns a Marquis card. He is a nj customer. Plenty of people own shares on more than one frac.

I think the question is if he purchases the card after the strike, will the IBT try to label that as struck work?

Latest resources

Back