Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what if they buy a marquis card and they put there dog on the flight they used and the flight is operated buy a charter company that once flew a FLOPS trip 8 years ago? and the trip is done during the time flops is striking..Is the Dog considered a scab?

What if FLOPS goes on strike and their owners are forced to walk. Could those kids in Korea making Nike shoes be considered SCABS?!?!?

OMG, that scab list is going to get looooooonnnnnnngggg...

I own a NetJets share. I have a card with another frax (not FLOPs). I have it because I am happy with the service and safety and the terms are more in my favor for what I need than a Marquis card. Theoretically, if my card pilots went on strike, do some of you say that my NJ pilots should research me to see if I own another card (which happens to be in a corporate name other than my NJ share) or share, to determine if I am struck work? You guys are stretching this waaaaaaaaaaaay too far. For example, if FLOPS is struck and pays for the flight it is struck work. If I use more than I supplier for services (which we do in many areas) it is not struck work.

Fly safe. And pay attention to your families and hobbies so you have some other life than beat this struck work issue to death.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was saying.

Be careful Turbo....you are contradicting yourself a little.

I agree with NJAowner.....if it is a different provider it is NOT struck work. If a guy is paid to fly a FLOPS tailnumber, then that is absolutely struck work.

Good luck to all involved. I am taking NJAowners advice and heading out to do the hobby (golf, that is)

Cheers!

Look, I don't condone SCAB work. I am very much in favor of 1108 getting a fair contract. I just ask you (the "general" you) to keep one thing in mind when terms like "struck work" and "SCAB" are thrown around with charter pilots in mind. You (1108) will not be able to get Captain John Smith from ABC Charter his job back when your contract is resloved.

This is the most simple way to illustrate that outside, non Flops pilots cannot possibly be held responsible, no matter how much we may wish it!! Excellent!!

I really wish the Flops folks luck. It is about time that some pilots actually stand up for what's right and unequivably speak out against all the anti worker propaganda fed to us every single day by the media.

Every blowdried bubble head on Fox Noise, CNBC, CNN, MSNBC or whatever never really question their outsized pay and benni packages nor those of upper management or Government. They never fail to point out however that fair pay for the workers is bad for business. It's BS period! Just like blaming the demise of GM on the UAW workers. The fact that the company stopped innovating somewhere in the late 60s and coasted for the next 40 yrs had no effect at all. It was the workers pay that brought it all down.

Pilots deserve to be fairly paid what we are actually worth and not just what someone from up high thinks they can get away with. I, for one, am with you and hope and pray that all will turn out well. If nothing else, at least you will have stood up together to show the world that the American Dream should not be reserved for just the few who have managed to lie and steal their way to the top!!

Be careful Turbo....you are contradicting yourself a little.

I agree with NJAowner.....if it is a different provider it is NOT struck work. If a guy is paid to fly a FLOPS tailnumber, then that is absolutely struck work.

Good luck to all involved. I am taking NJAowners advice and heading out to do the hobby (golf, that is)

Cheers!

Show me where.

I never once suggested that a fractional owner should be hindered from exercising his choice of transportation, unless that choice happened to be with a struck company.

If the struck company is arranging the flight, because their own plane is grounded by a strike, then that is in my opinion struck work.

If the individual arranges alternate transportation on his own and separate from the struck company, then that is not struck work.

That is my personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of the union or any union member.

Last edited:
Ed is you you former management now line pilot that lived in CLE and now lives in Montana. Go ahead deny it but I know the truth. Also go ahead and deny that you are receiving check airman pay even though you aren't a check airman. Life is good when you are one of Bob's chosen ones isn't it? Nice pay for being one of Bob's boys. Just keep pushing Ed and I will continue to air your dirty laundry. If you are soooo concerned about the financial health of the company Ed why don't you give back the check airman override. I'm sure they could put that money to use somehow since they are too strapped to pay anyone other than you well. I know in your miond you earn that money because you are "special" Ed.

It sounds like he was either (a) smart enough to negotiate a higher level of compensation or (b) knew the right people and exploited his advantage.

I wouldn't consider this "dirty laundry." This is something people should try to emulate rather than denounce. You are fighting for better pay? Well, "Ed" has managed to pull it off and now you're mad at him. Go figure.

Show me where.

Sorry, I misread NJA owners post that you highlighted....you were consistant. My apologies.

I still think you may want to reconsider your stance on management using charter companies during a strike. Think about it.....it will cost them probably twice as much to charter the trips. They will run out of money A LOT quicker, and this will further strengthen your negotiating posture.

I don't think that any pilot running Charter for FLOPS during a strike should be considered a SCAB unless they get hired by FLOPS and fly FLOPS aircraft.

Last edited:
It sounds like he was either (a) smart enough to negotiate a higher level of compensation or (b) knew the right people and exploited his advantage.

I wouldn't consider this "dirty laundry." This is something people should try to emulate rather than denounce. You are fighting for better pay? Well, "Ed" has managed to pull it off and now you're mad at him. Go figure.

acpilot, the union is fighting for better pay for all pilots, not just a select few. That's why it's called "collective bargaining," not "singular bargaining".

And union supporters are denouncing "Ed" because he's anti-union, ostensibly because he doesn't want to lose his special deal he negotiated in a back room somewhere. Problem is that those only looking after number 1 should be careful not to step in number 2 along the way.

Sorry, I misread NJA owners post that you highlighted....you were consistant. My apologies.

I still think you may want to reconsider your stance on management using charter companies during a strike. Think about it.....it will cost them probably twice as much to charter the trips. They will run out of money A LOT quicker, and this will further strengthen your negotiating posture.

I don't think that any pilot running Charter for FLOPS during a strike should be considered a SCAB unless they get hired by FLOPS and fly FLOPS aircraft.

1. I accept your apology.

2. As for the economics of changing the traditional stance of the way that unions deal with management, I’ll leave that up to the union leadership.

3. I will henceforth not use the word SCAB in the context that someone is knowingly or unknowingly flying struck work. I’ll let the union decide the definition of scab. However, I will not change my personal definition of struck work.

Thank you and everyone else for the civility that still comes through, even in a heated discussion.

Once again, my opinions are my own.

Latest resources

Back