Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are absolutely correct. Management at these companies do know exactly what the salaries will be. Unfortunately, the pilots do not.

I don't mean to beat the "non-union drum"...but how many pilots at union companies a week ago thought their pay next May was different than what it is going to be?

I don't mean to beat the "non-union drum"...but how many pilots at union companies a week ago thought their pay next May was different than what it is going to be?
True-From CA to FO pay and from FO to painting pay based on management whims.

You are absolutely correct. Management at these companies do know exactly what the salaries will be. Unfortunately, the pilots do not.

Coming from a Regional background, I can't believe that I'm about to type what I'm about to type.

Management does, in fact, have a window to the bigger picture from their lofty offices. (Or on the 2nd floor in our case). In our (Avantair's) case, we have a management team that is worthy of our trust. They are also current and former pilots. I'm trusting them to guide us thru 2010, when the "experts" say that the industry will be pilot-friendly again. I'm betting my daughter's future education on it, and I'm betting that I won't have to return to landscaping again (a'la post 9/11).

As glasspilot mentioned elsewhere, we just added more aircraft and are recruiting for a new-hire class in the near future. Maybe I'm a sucker, but the guys holding the reigns over here seem to know what they're doing (with the help of some fantastic advisors), and I'm going to trust their decisions. Non union, no problems.

Netjets folks, best of luck to you.

Coming from a Regional background, I can't believe that I'm about to type what I'm about to type.

Management does, in fact, have a window to the bigger picture from their lofty offices. (Or on the 2nd floor in our case). In our (Avantair's) case, we have a management team that is worthy of our trust. They are also current and former pilots. I'm trusting them to guide us thru 2010, when the "experts" say that the industry will be pilot-friendly again. I'm betting my daughter's future education on it, and I'm betting that I won't have to return to landscaping again (a'la post 9/11).

As glasspilot mentioned elsewhere, we just added more aircraft and are recruiting for a new-hire class in the near future. Maybe I'm a sucker, but the guys holding the reigns over here seem to know what they're doing (with the help of some fantastic advisors), and I'm going to trust their decisions. Non union, no problems.

Netjets folks, best of luck to you.

Everything you say sounds good, with one exception, your one CEO away from a union.

Everything you say sounds good, with one exception, your one CEO away from a union.

Yeah. We understand. All of life is precarious. Right now, we don't need a union. I'm pretty thick, but I have enough sense not to predict the future.

Wacoflyr

Just ask the Signature employees....

I was recently at a Signature, and they had a brochure at their counter.

I opened it, and who's picture did I see?

As many of you already know: Howdy Doodee.

There was Sh-tfinger with his Sh-t Eating Grin.

That man single handedly caused a Union to be voted in at FLOPS.

Think it can't happen at your Company?

Go talk with a present Signature employee.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back