Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all talk llike (sic) people in other fractionals or charter companies give a sh--t what happens to you. Do you really think that they are going to turn down any trips and sacrifice their jobs to "walk the line" with you guys? Those that are former FLOPS pilots probably left because they were sick of your BS.

I think your (sic) all crazy.

Just remember, self help goes both ways....

Yes. There are those that will. There are those that will refuse to finish their careers as a scab.

Don't ask me how I know. I could explain it, but you wouldn't/couldn't understand.

Ugh. We don't fly charter. Now why would I not fly a trip for one of our owners?

No I won't fly for Flight Options. They are not one of our owners.

Now if someone buys a Marquis card because they can't fly on options because of a strike. That person is now a nja owner. And that's part of the pressure on flops management tosettle your contract. How many customers do they want to send to other companies before they settle with the union.

I think the question is if he purchases the card after the strike, will the IBT try to label that as struck work?

thank you.....exactly what I was asking.

* deleted section because Gunfyter just answered it for me*

To take it one step further....If FLOPS decides (obviously they wont) to charter out their work while the pilots strike, are the charter pilots ( Non NJA, CS,FLX pilots) who take these trips doing struck work? Are they now SCABs?

In my eyes, these are questions that need a black/white answer. So as to not become a part of the SCAB group that formed in the wake of the Eastern strike.

As a past FLOPS pilot (left in 2001) I want to wish good luck to all you guys in the trenches

Last edited:

To take it one step further....If FLOPS decides (obviously they wont) to charter out their work while the pilots strike, are the charter pilots ( Non NJA, CS,FLX pilots) who take these trips doing struck work? Are they now SCABs?

In my eyes, these are questions that need a black/white answer. So as to not become a part of the SCAB group that formed in the wake of the Eastern strike.

As a past FLOPS pilot (left in 2001) I want to wish good luck to all you guys in the trenches

FLOPS most likely will try to charter out some of their trips. They will have to supplement their management pilots and in-house scabs somehow. Therefore, charter pilots, and the company they work for, will have some soul searching to do.

The most obvious situation would be a charter pilot looks at his trip sheet and sees that FLOPS is the customer. FLOPS is on strike. If he does the trip, he is flying struck work and is a SCAB.

The not so obvious situation is the trip sheet shows the customer to be a broker, such as Sentient. The pilot learns, by whatever means, that the real customer is FLOPS. FLOPS is on strike. If he does the trip, he is flying struck work and is a SCAB.

The least obvious is the pilot doesn’t know the ultimate customer is FLOPS and does the trip. He is still flying struck work and his company made him a SCAB.

FLOPS most likely will try to charter out some of their trips. They will have to supplement their management pilots and in-house scabs somehow. Therefore, charter pilots, and the company they work for, will have some soul searching to do.

The most obvious situation would be a charter pilot looks at his trip sheet and sees that FLOPS is the customer. FLOPS is on strike. If he does the trip, he is flying struck work and is a SCAB.

The not so obvious situation is the trip sheet shows the customer to be a broker, such as Sentient. The pilot learns, by whatever means, that the real customer is FLOPS. FLOPS is on strike. If he does the trip, he is flying struck work and is a SCAB.

The least obvious is the pilot doesn’t know the ultimate customer is FLOPS and does the trip. He is still flying struck work and his company made him a SCAB.

Turbo,

I've silently agreed with almost every post you've evey put on this board (and the 1108 board while I was still a Flops pilot) but I disagree with the last 2 exapmles. Are you now telling me that (if Flops strikes) it is a charter pilot's responsibility to research his passenger list to find out if any one if them is a Flops owner or risk being labeled a SCAB for life? This is going outside the lines. How do you suggest they do this? Should this charter pilot prepare for a flight by making sure his airplane is ready to fly, route is planned, wx, notams, tfrs checked, crew is current, etc? Or should that pilot sit down and Google his passenger list and make phone calls to try and determine if his next trip is carrying Flops owners.

Just so there isn't any confusion, I am NOT a charter pilot.

Turbo,

I've silently agreed with almost every post you've evey put on this board (and the 1108 board while I was still a Flops pilot) but I disagree with the last 2 exapmles. Are you now telling me that (if Flops strikes) it is a charter pilot's responsibility to research his passenger list to find out if any one if them is a Flops owner or risk being labeled a SCAB for life? This is going outside the lines. How do you suggest they do this? Should this charter pilot prepare for a flight by making sure his airplane is ready to fly, route is planned, wx, notams, tfrs checked, crew is current, etc? Or should that pilot sit down and Google his passenger list and make phone calls to try and determine if his next trip is carrying Flops owners.

Just so there isn't any confusion, I am NOT a charter pilot.

I’m not suggesting that at all. On the other hand, how tight should someone wear their blinders? F’rinstance, a pilot receives a call from an old associate saying “do you know that you’re flying a FLOPS trip tomorrow?” Well, he knows now.

The bigger issue is the company the pilot works for. There will be companies that respect their pilots enough to not put them in that position. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of them that don’t.

I fly for a company that flies charter, and has in the past flown selloffs for Flops. IMHO, if there is a strike, and Flight Options brokers a trip for one of their customers, that would be a problem! However, if an independent customer comes to us regardless of whether he is a Flops owner/card member, I don't see any issue with accepting his business. (how would we know he's a Flops customer anyway?) As someone has already said, if an airline strikes there is nothing preventing the consumer from walking down the counter to the next airline to buy a seat. The customer is not owned by anyone, or in anyway limited to using one provider exclusively. To suggest otherwise seems short sighted, self serving and ultimately irrelevant.

I'm certainly willing to entertain intelligent differing viewpoints though.

Good luck guys. I hope it never becomes an issue.

Latest resources

Back