• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA ASA guy - how many of the new global pilots coming from flex/options? Were they capts or fo's? What fleets?

Hey Praetorian! You can take your "You should get on here and thank the pilots at FO every day for maintaining the threat of a union at Flex." and shove it up your A#$. I/we don't owe you a damn thing. I have never got on here and said much but you are just way out of line. You need to back up and rethink you position if it involves such foolish statements.

Lighten up Francis.

Really. Any specifics, or are these once again vague and baseless accusations?

The reason we got bases started before the DAC purchase.

We had a survey where we were asked to rate some items in order of importance and the company would try to implement them.

One of the items was overtime compensation. Another was crew basing.

The reason we are getting the crew bass is our management team is following through on a promise to act on the survey results. They put a proposal together and it was approved by DAC.

I really don't think this has anything to do with FO pilots. You can keep telling yourselves that it is all about the FO pilots, but I don't think it is. Get over yourself.

Oh, and we didn't get our pay raises based on your contract, it was NJs contract. But once again, they didn't negotiate it so w could get a pay raise. Why should they care about that. They did it for their pilot group.

I am glad we don't have to thank you that our work rules and pay changed base on your contact. It would have been a decline in both.

The Lady of Waterview, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft the new FX crew bases from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that you, the chosen non-union pilots, were to feel the warm sun that is DAC's beneficence shine on your faces.

Is that what you're trying to say? :)

Umm, I haven't been called on the carpet for any posts I've made on here. And the DO knows who I am. I told him, but I type the same way I talk so it isn't hard to figure out who I am. I get pm's using my name all the time.

So for you it must be tacit approval. Try posting a few pro-union rants and see how that works out for ya.

Lighten up Francis.

Praetorian,
Thank you! Thanks for allowing us to use the threat of a union against KR! Yes the threat of joining your team really helps! We too can achieve a 20% below industry standard compensation, a sh!t schedule, and not to mention the best 401k match,,, Oh wait no 401k. Yes thanks for the threat of dragging all of us down. This must keep KR up at nights alright!

One more thing, I chatted with your vp of something to do with the IBT, he actually said "we at flex should be greatful to you guys for our high salaries". What an idiot.

Last edited:
It's amazing the difference between the real life flex guys and the ones here. Most I talk to in person are starting to understand the benefits of a CBA. And they are a lot nicer face to face....

Most crew members at Flex aren't stupid, they understand the benefit of a CBA. Most would welcome a real CBA. But, by a wide majority they want no part of the IBT 1108 CBA.

No matter how much lipstick you put on the current CBA, it's still a pig. Maybe in time, things will go bad at Flex and the pig will start looking pretty good. Until then enjoy the contract you guys fought so hard for while we endure the risk of wholesale terminations and QOL changes (we're OK with it, really).

And, other than a few rabid guys, most of the FLOPs crews I've met on the road are pretty cool. They're flying their trips and collecting a check just like us.

It's amazing the difference between the real life flex guys and the ones here. Most I talk to in person are starting to understand the benefits of a CBA. And they are a lot nicer face to face....

That can definitely be said of the FLOPs guys as well. They're a lot cooler in person than on here. Now that we have that out of the way, I assure you that the majority of Flexjet pilots aren't craving a union CBA, especially one from the 1108.

Yawn.

You know where you’re rotations are headed, right? When I read Uncle’s, I mean DW’s proposal, here’s what stood out:

“Crewmembers should anticipate longer rotations although shorter rotations will still
be possible”

“However, crewmembers in the secondary base system should have an expectation for longer rotations”

“crewmembers living in the Secondary Base system should anticipate longer rotations”

Hmmm. Writing on the wall, people – writing on the wall. Secondary bases now & oh gee, what will they push for 6 – 12 months from now. You like your comfy rotations the way they are? Thing ‘a the past, baby, thing ‘a the past.

What’s really boring is that you’re backing a manager that sits behind a desk all day to post on this site, instead of learning you’re history - including what Uncle did when Options & Travel Air were merged. Don’t like that? Still wanna vilify the 1108? Ok, go look up Confessions of a Union Buster by Levitt. Practically a how-to non-fiction playbook that the law firms and middle wanna-be managers play by. One tact: “allow” a “vote”.

This adorable little vote you get “take” - man they’ve have been playing employee groups with this tact for DECADES!

You know, there’s a very good reason why Options & DAL & UAL & NJ are unionized.

Latest resources

Back