Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twa
No matter how much you try and convince yourself you have no say. None. ZERO....all you have is an illusion of choice. Nothing more. It doesn't effect you so you don't care. You sir are living in a dream world and are to high on KR Kool-aid to have a decent debate with.

Bless your heart.

Drinking, no....thanks.

We would have to vote out a new domicile if we vote the new system in. They can only add domiciles without a vote.

Im going to have to call Bulls#$t on this Sir. Unless your position within the Waterview Boys Club gives you acess to additional information that us average Joe Smoe's don't get then you are sadly mistaken/mis-guided. You need to take a look at your all powerful employee agreement again and while your at it the domicile proposal as well.

Bases/Domiciles are NOT votable issues and are not the reason a vote was called. The way that crewmembers schedules in these secondary bases are going to be constructed is the only reason. I know it was written in the proposal with the word ADD only but if you actually think the company can't and won't delete from the list when and if they feel it necessary, then you are extremely naive or are completely drunk on the Richardson Kool-aid.

Cheers

Last edited:
John, I agree that the bases aren't part of the vote in our agreement. But when I look at the list, I don't see an airport that will lose service. So why would they take away bases? That is where I think the argument is weak.

You didn't have those bases, but you didn't have 8 day rotation. Going from 6 to 8 is giving up 2 days

No, it's not. If you do the average 16 day schedule you're still on the road for 16 days. Only the length of the rotation changed, not the time away. Why is that so hard to understand? I'm not excited about doing a possible eight day but the reality for me is that I will get three extra nights at home because I won't be driving down the night before three times a month. In fact, if I do two eight day rotations instead of three shorter ones, I'll be in a hotel only 14 nights per 28 bid period versus 16 or more and my drive is cut in half. Explain to me why that's bad?

Drinking, no....thanks.

We would have to vote out a new domicile if we vote the new system in. They can only add domiciles without a vote.

Im going to have to call Bulls#$t on this Sir. Unless your position within the Waterview Boys Club gives you acess to additional information that us average Joe Smoe's don't get then you are sadly mistaken/mis-guided. You need to take a look at your all powerful employee agreement again and while your at it the domicile proposal as well.

Bases/Domiciles are NOT votable issues and are not the reason a vote was called. The way that crewmembers schedules in these secondary bases are going to be constructed is the only reason. I know it was written in the proposal with the word ADD only but if you actually think the company can't and won't delete from the list when and if they feel it necessary, then you are extremely naive or are completely drunk on the Richardson Kool-aid.

Cheers

In the past when bases were closed all those guys were allowed to be grandfathered in and have been in those bases ever since. At one time, in more recent history, they weren't hiring into the ONT base but no one was forced to leave there either.

No, it's not. If you do the average 16 day schedule you're still on the road for 16 days. Only the length of the rotation changed, not the time away. Why is that so hard to understand? I'm not excited about doing a possible eight day but the reality for me is that I will get three extra nights at home because I won't be driving down the night before three times a month. In fact, if I do two eight day rotations instead of three shorter ones, I'll be in a hotel only 14 nights per 28 bid period versus 16 or more and my drive is cut in half. Explain to me why that's bad?
I didn't say anything about working more in a month. I didn't say anything about the whole deal being bad. All I am saying is that you guys had to give a longer rotation of 8 days on the road verse the 6 you love so much. TWA keeps talking of give and take. Why you can't see that the company is giving you bases and taking longer rotations on the road.

So with the DAC purchase we have been given a say in iur future work rules which we didn't have under Bombardier. Something they really didn't have to do. Once again, remind me when the Friday emails will start coming out changing things.

As soon as they don't need you anymore. Right now you're useful to them because you can be easily manipulated to whipsaw the FO pilots. Ask yourself why would they suddenly be treating the FX pilots so well when they've never treated the pilots, or office employees this well at FO? You should get on here and thank the pilots at FO every day for maintaining the threat of a union at Flex. If that threat ever goes away they will start to boil the frog at FX and take things away from you, slow but sure. Right now you are simply a means to an end, a way to undermine the union and scare our pilots just before we head back to the bargaining table, so they will use you, or as is now happening with your new bases attempt to maintain the facade of positive change, while running a bait and switch. News flash, the new basing/scheduling system will be cheaper for them. More money in their investors pockets, which is really all any of us mean to them.

I know all of this is lost on you, because you've hitched your wagon to managment. I find it interesting that other FX pilots have been called in on the carpet for posting things your DO didn't like on here and yet, even though everyone knows who you are, you are allowed to continue spewing FUD.

Tacit approval, or active colaboration? I bet your fellow pilots know the answer.

Hey Praetorian! You can take your "You should get on here and thank the pilots at FO every day for maintaining the threat of a union at Flex." and shove it up your A#$. I/we don't owe you a damn thing. I have never got on here and said much but you are just way out of line. You need to back up and rethink you position if it involves such foolish statements.

As soon as they don't need you anymore. Right now you're useful to them because you can be easily manipulated to whipsaw the FO pilots. Ask yourself why would they suddenly be treating the FX pilots so well when they've never treated the pilots, or office employees this well at FO? You should get on here and thank the pilots at FO every day for maintaining the threat of a union at Flex. If that threat ever goes away they will start to boil the frog at FX and take things away from you, slow but sure. Right now you are simply a means to an end, a way to undermine the union and scare our pilots just before we head back to the bargaining table, so they will use you, or as is now happening with your new bases attempt to maintain the facade of positive change, while running a bait and switch. News flash, the new basing/scheduling system will be cheaper for them. More money in their investors pockets, which is really all any of us mean to them.

I know all of this is lost on you, because you've hitched your wagon to managment. I find it interesting that other FX pilots have been called in on the carpet for posting things your DO didn't like on here and yet, even though everyone knows who you are, you are allowed to continue spewing FUD.

Tacit approval, or active colaboration? I bet your fellow pilots know the answer.

Really. Any specifics, or are these once again vague and baseless accusations?

The reason we got bases started before the DAC purchase.

We had a survey where we were asked to rate some items in order of importance and the company would try to implement them.

One of the items was overtime compensation. Another was crew basing.

The reason we are getting the crew bass is our management team is following through on a promise to act on the survey results. They put a proposal together and it was approved by DAC.

I really don't think this has anything to do with FO pilots. You can keep telling yourselves that it is all about the FO pilots, but I don't think it is. Get over yourself.

Oh, and we didn't get our pay raises based on your contract, it was NJs contract. But once again, they didn't negotiate it so w could get a pay raise. Why should they care about that. They did it for their pilot group.

I am glad we don't have to thank you that our work rules and pay changed base on your contact. It would have been a decline in both.

Umm, I haven't been called on the carpet for any posts I've made on here. And the DO knows who I am. I told him, but I type the same way I talk so it isn't hard to figure out who I am. I get pm's using my name all the time.

Latest resources

Back