• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex's new bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure how we could work up to 23 days.

8-4-8-4-8-4-8-4 is not an option.

You can only be forced to work up to 16 days in a 28 day bid period. So during a 31 day month the most they can force you to work would be 19 by my math.

The bar has not been changed, you are just unfamiliar with our bidding rules.

I am definitely unfamiliar, and apparently I misunderstood, so fair enough, I stand corrected. However, your shortest time off is still way less than the 7 days we get, and 19 days is still 2 more than the max of 17 we can work, so you are still setting 2 new bars. The whole fractional industry thanks you for that.

Wow! "FORCED"

Interesting.

Company offers a policy change. Pilots vote. Change occurs or not.

So, no negotiations with regard to the proposed change. Take it or leave it. No direct supervision by pilot representatives (mainly because there aren't any) over the voting process or results.

Sounds real fair.

Especially that part that requires 8 days of work to get 4 days off. Now that's a great schedule that the rest of the pilots in the fractional industry will appreciate.

I wonder how Flight Options pilots negotiators will handle that when they go back to the table. Perhaps the Flight Options pilots will send Flexjet pilots thank you cards for putting them in that bargaining situation.

Get those votes in! You have until the 14th at noon!

No one is forcing us to do anything. If there's anything we don't like in the proposal then we're free to vote "no." Have you ever voted for anything that had something in it that you didn't particularly care for (such as your current CBA)? Or do you just vote "no" to everything because of your spite for management? Overall, it's a huge increase in QOL for many of us and my QOL having a negative bearing on your next negotiation session doesn't really concern me.

I'm not sure where I bid right now. There has been some movement. Last I looked, I bid 37 of 52.

I am definitely unfamiliar, and apparently I misunderstood, so fair enough, I stand corrected. However, your shortest time off is still way less than the 7 days we get, and 19 days is still 2 more than the max of 17 we can work, so you are still setting 2 new bars. The whole fractional industry thanks you for that.

The total days worked hasn't changed with the proposal. You can still get anywhere from 14-16. Senior pilots usually like lower total days which result in the junior people getting forced to 15 or 16 based on seniority.

If you are senior and get a 14 day line the 8-4-6 would be followed by 10 days off. That is significantly more than the 7 days off you get, but averages out to your 7.

I guess we at FJ have been lowering the bar for years based on your logic. If only the white knight IBT could come and save us.

Wow! "FORCED"

Interesting.

Company offers a policy change. Pilots vote. Change occurs or not.

So, no negotiations with regard to the proposed change. Take it or leave it. No direct supervision by pilot representatives (mainly because there aren't any) over the voting process or results.

Sounds real fair.

Especially that part that requires 8 days of work to get 4 days off. Now that's a great schedule that the rest of the pilots in the fractional industry will appreciate.

I wonder how Flight Options pilots negotiators will handle that when they go back to the table. Perhaps the Flight Options pilots will send Flexjet pilots thank you cards for putting them in that bargaining situation.

Get those votes in! You have until the 14th at noon!

It is a term our junior pilots use when they don't get anything they bid for and are given a line based on thei seniority. They can't be assigned a line with less than 14 or more than 16 days out of 28.

Thus the term forced.

Kinda like in the 121 world where if you are junior enough you are forced on reserve because there are no lines left when they get to you.

Personally, I 'm not a fan of the proposal.

I don't see why they can't make a standard schedule work for crews based in IAD, PHL, CLT, MCO, etc.

For the smaller airports the potential to work longer rotations seems reasonable but the 4 days off after 8 isn't.

Some will argue the proposal should be adopted in the hope that changes can be made later, I'd rather see an agreement approved that is fair from the start.

As for being FORCED to do anything, we aren't. The standard schedule is 16 days on out of 28, the minimum is 14, that hasn't changed. The 8 day trip isn't REQUIRED, it's now a possibility. During bid periods, not months, that have training and/or vacation, an 8 day trip will be difficult to schedule. Crews based at the alternate airports will still have bid choices that don't include 8 days lines, if you're senior enough and don't want to work them, don't bid them. If you're not senior enough to chose your schedule and don't want the possibility of working longer trips, don't move to an alternate airport.

I don't like the proposal and won't vote yes, but if it passes, it's not the end of the world. There may be doom and gloom coming but this isn't it.

None of you guys at FLEX are gonna like one bit only 4 days off after 8 days on. You will see your work load pick up in the future, you will be tired after 8 days.

None of you guys at FLEX are gonna like one bit only 4 days off after 8 days on. You will see your work load pick up in the future, you will be tired after 8 days.

Some already do it quite a bit. It was only available on yellow (non-standard) lines. I do believe this will not be an issue for those who are senior, although it may affect new hires. new hires will have a choice to choose the job or not based on this info.

Some already do it quite a bit. It was only available on yellow (non-standard) lines. I do believe this will not be an issue for those who are senior, although it may affect new hires. new hires will have a choice to choose the job or not based on this info.

Uh. It means the rest of us on the 16 days forever train with minimum time off will see ugly scheds if we choose to move. Remember, these are green lines now. Bid something you want and you can be awarded 4 off after 7 or 8 on. I really dislike that part.

Like I said, it's not just about peak. We're pretty much busy all of the time between everyone having 3-4 vacations and our lean staffing. Be very careful how you transition from one bid period to another. If you actually have the ability to influence it.

Does anyone know how the new bases were picked and were the line pilots involved in that selection? Was there any input from the pilots on the number of new bases?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back