• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think management and alpa are working on getting below the "no furlough" number.. I agree the no furlough clause is wasted ink.

oh well, hang on tight boys and girls..

I would think management and alpa are working on getting below the "no furlough" number.. I agree the no furlough clause is wasted ink.

oh well, hang on tight boys and girls..

What incentive would ALPA have to concede a huge part of our contract?

Well, with the exception of one of those items, it had nothing to do with the pilot group. The MX issue is rediculous- a clear indicator of how much money we would be saving, as a collective, if we were a single company, on a single list. For some reason, things haven't improved MX wise with the guidance of the SkyWest folks.

Agreed-completely..

I used to think SKYW had a great plan-they had a vision, they would lead the regional industry.

After all that has happened, I have come to the conclusion that they have no idea where they are headed, they don't give a rat about the industry, and they have absolutely no interest in running ASA. We were a bargain-a really good bargain... Employees at ASA are a liability, and more are being jettisoned as we speak.

ASA was a total basket case. It was sold to SKYW for literally less than the scrap values of the metal in the hulls on property. No matter what happens, Jerry will make money-employees are simply a costly liability. I believe we are beginning to see that liability be discharged for good.

-Sure-Good things could happen. I used to believe that Skywest had great plans for us. I now am convinced that random chance will dictate whether good things do actually occur far more than any actual plan.

They were probably trying to spruce us up to sell us to someone else for more money like people that flipped houses a few years ago. Now that the economy is crap, they're stuck with us.

So what about all the money Skywest has sunk into ASA since they bought us? Its WAY more that Delta ever did.

What money did Skywest sink into us?

701EV

What money did Skywest sink into us?

701EV

Atech consolidation, ACARS, PDC, Auto Catering, Crew Meals, Shuttle service (discontinued).... Anything else I left out? Oh, and that very spacey new construction crew lounge.

Trojan

Once ASA has all 136 pilots on furlough, that will be 7.4% of our pilot group. The national unemployment rate is well above that. The WORLD is in a reccession right now. Such is life.

Latest resources

Back