• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA and SkyWest are 2 different airlines run by different management groups. SkyWest Airlines DID NOT want to take the 2 for 1 deal for more 900's. Brad Holt and ASA took that risk in hopes of finding additional flying. Sure, Inc has a ton of say about things, but when it comes down to signing the 2 for 1 deal, it's the CEO's call.

What???? Are you really so niave to believe what you have just written? ASA pilots will take all the brunt of SKW's labor cost cutting because we are more expensive and Jerry doesn't want a union at oo. By the way, Jerry Atkin is our CEO. Brad Holt is the president of ASA, not the CEO. Get a clue!

Doesn't it bother you that oo operates to over 13 destinations from ATL and CVG while we continue to furlough? Go look at their route map.

Doesn't it bother you that oo operates to over 13 destinations from ATL and CVG while we continue to furlough? Go look at their route map.

Yes this bothers me tremendously, now what exactly can we do about this?
I'm up for anything at this point.

Yes this bothers me tremendously, now what exactly can we do about this?
I'm up for anything at this point.

Pick a new career.

In all seriousness, there is nothing we can do about it. SKW pilots would have to form a union and vote to merge lists. Why would they do that when it would mean a garunteed furlough for many if them? I sure wouldn't.

"if you vote a union in we're going to have to furlough. Here, have a pay cut."
- future SKW management quote.

Hope ASA enjoyed their performance numbers. If we bleed like this and SkyWest gets the easy ride while we suffer, there won't be an A-14 or D-0 flight from me until this place tanks. I'm getting pretty fed up here...................

Shut up you idiot. We have a contract, do your job. ASA does 80% of all DAL regional ops out of ATL. The cannot take us below that...

You have a contract, do your job.

Shut up you idiot. We have a contract, do your job. ASA does 80% of all DAL regional ops out of ATL. The cannot take us below that...

Why would SKW be opposed to transfering more ASA flying to the skywest side. So what if the Delta contract says ASA on it? That's not a contract with us, that's a contract with SKW Inc. In the end it is just more flying being transferee to the more efficient division in the same corperation. It's business. They already amended the contract once with the 2 for 1, they'll do it again.

Why would SKW be opposed to transfering more ASA flying to the skywest side. So what if the Delta contract says ASA on it? That's not a contract with us, that's a contract with SKW Inc. In the end it is just more flying being transferee to the more efficient division in the same corperation. It's business. They already amended the contract once with the 2 for 1, they'll do it again.

They can transfer all the flying they want, they just can't furlough anybody.

At some point, there will be a motivation for ASA to acquire more flying if Delta continues to reduce.

Yes they can. The 80% is between ASA and SKWY Airlines. They made that change shortly after the purchase.

Wrong. Skywest has there own DCI agreement. JA went back in to ASA's DCI Agreement and changed it from 80% for ASA to ASA or Skywest Airlines.

Latest resources

Back