• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to let you all know, it isn't all rainbows and sunshine over here at SKW, either. Just an observation from my side, and I may be wrong, but we seem to be a little more flexible over here in helping give the company what it needs to keep from seeing too many lose their jobs.

However, lately, we have lost almost 400 people in SLC due to Delta taking over. We have lost numerous agents in the mountain west cities due to Comair taking over. Many people are being dispaced as the EMBs quickly fade out of the UAL system. Many of our DL livery aircraft have been turned into generics and thrown in the UAL system and are flying at-risk now. We have a constant rotation of 8 aircraft in c-check nowadays. We have the impending doom of what to do with the people/aircraft from the Midwest program. Everything may look hunky-dorey over here, but its not.

And not one of us at SKW feel any better about what's going on here when we have to read bad news such as yours.

This company does its best to look out for its employees, what we all need to remember is that we need to return that favor as well. We all need to show up, excede expectations, and it will make things easier on everyone. I fully believe that.
Well said, it's going to be tough for both sides until things get turned around, if they ever do..........

United is probably going to be liquidated within the year.

With the current political climate, "Bailout" is the name of the game. United is "too big to fail"; there are too many politicians with too many special interests to allow United to disappear. Expect it to continue to limp along indefinitely, dragging the rest of the industry with it.

We will survive this mess, just ride it out for a year. I think mainline may fare worse in the coming months...

Last edited:
With the current political climate, "Bailout" is the name of the game. United is "too big to fail"; there are too many politicians with too many special interests to allow United to disappear. Expect it to continue to limp along indefinitely, dragging the rest of the industry with it.

United = Chicago = Corrupt Politicians = Skywest is ok!

How do you propose that ASA simply "acquire more flying"? Do you really believe they haven't been trying? How would you "acquire more flying"?

There is flying being done in ATL by SkyWest that ASA could do. We don't even need their airplanes, we have plenty of spares.

Just to let you all know, it isn't all rainbows and sunshine over here at SKW, either. Just an observation from my side, and I may be wrong, but we seem to be a little more flexible over here in helping give the company what it needs to keep from seeing too many lose their jobs.

However, lately, we have lost almost 400 people in SLC due to Delta taking over. We have lost numerous agents in the mountain west cities due to Comair taking over. Many people are being dispaced as the EMBs quickly fade out of the UAL system. Many of our DL livery aircraft have been turned into generics and thrown in the UAL system and are flying at-risk now. We have a constant rotation of 8 aircraft in c-check nowadays. We have the impending doom of what to do with the people/aircraft from the Midwest program. Everything may look hunky-dorey over here, but its not.

And not one of us at SKW feel any better about what's going on here when we have to read bad news such as yours.

This company does its best to look out for its employees, what we all need to remember is that we need to return that favor as well. We all need to show up, excede expectations, and it will make things easier on everyone. I fully believe that.

I do not agree.

As long as Skywest airlines continues to fly 900s into ATL, under a certificate originally put together by ASA pilots, and does not have pilots on the street...then it is all sunshine and rainbows over there.

And it sucks more here. But it is our choice. We are being punished for having a union while you are rewarded for not having a union.

But of course we are also part of the only organization which successfully advocates for pilots and airline safety on the world stage. We are part of an organization which has raised the quality of life and standard of living throughout the industry's entire history.

And it is that very organization to which the pilots of Skywest airlines owe their level of pay and quality of life. That very organization which the pilots of skywest airlines have refused to support, while still benefitting from its efforts. Efforts, paid for by the cash and sweat of unionized pilots across the country.

An imperfect, foooked-up, political and petty union, which is the best we've got.

Thanks again, you free-riding bunch of gutless shortsighted idiots.

Latest resources

Back