• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guys. This sucks. I think there will be more in the spring when we lose the 20 200 hulls. Not good for anyone here at ASA.

Hope ASA enjoyed their performance numbers. If we bleed like this and SkyWest gets the easy ride while we suffer, there won't be an A-14 or D-0 flight from me until this place tanks. I'm getting pretty fed up here...................

I agree! No more help from me! Im done!

The facts...
SkyWest Inc. Q1 margin = 1.39%
SkyWest Airlines Q1 margin = 2.09%
ASA = approx. 1/3 SkyWest Inc. revenue

Just how bad was your 1st quarter to drag down Inc's margin that much?
Now, explain to me why SkyWest Airlines should "share the pain"?

The facts...

Who is running MTC--former OO people.
Who is President--a former/maybe not former OO person
Who is CFO--a former/maybe not former OO person

Inc. makes those decisions. Yes, they decided that you should share the pain.

The money is in ATL, now and in the longterm, not SLC.

The facts...

Well-Let's see.....
-Plane catching on fre in TLH,
-Plane "departed end of runway" in SAV
-Practically whole fleet grounded due to mx screw-up on inspections.

-First quarter went GREAT!

Yes they can. The 80% is between ASA and SKWY Airlines. They made that change shortly after the purchase.

Where is that written, WWW? Is the source that told you that, the same one that told you that there would be new bases?

Show the facts in writing!

These are the facts, as of today:

Delta announced last month it would need to make steeper capacity cuts this year than it had previously expected. Its new plan for involves a 10 percent capacity cut this year compared with 2008, instead of its previous plan for a 6 percent to 8 percent reduction. As a Delta Connection carrier, ASA is affected by Delta’s cutbacks in its flying.
Other Delta regional carriers are also furloughing pilots, including Comair and Mesaba. Delta is offering its pilots early retirement packages to cut back its work force.

**Furloughs are happening across the industry. The economy continues to spiral down and YOUR President continues to direct policies that will bankrupt this country. It will, it will, get worse!

Well-Let's see.....
-Plane catching on fre in TLH,
-Plane "departed end of runway" in SAV
-Practically whole fleet grounded due to mx screw-up on inspections.

-First quarter went GREAT!

Well, with the exception of one of those items, it had nothing to do with the pilot group. The MX issue is rediculous- a clear indicator of how much money we would be saving, as a collective, if we were a single company, on a single list. For some reason, things haven't improved MX wise with the guidance of the SkyWest folks.

Although irritated at the whole mess, it could be worse. Hey- take a look at Express Jet and Comair. Maybe we're next in line, but then again, maybe we aren't. There's only one thing for certain, and that is that none of us here know squat about what lies around the corner. With all this going on, it's inevitable that we will take a sour look at things- just like last year when we furloughed the initial 80. Not long after, we got the 900's and morale improved again. Who knows- maybe Delta drops Republic's 70 seat lift and we fill in the blank. Any number of things are possible here- we've just got to be patient..............and yes, before anyone points it out to me, I was irritated at the whole mess earlier as well- just look back further in this thread.

Latest resources

Back