ASA Bad news is out.

boknowsASA

Total Time
From the memo:

It is for this reason that it is with sincere regret that ASA will furlough 56 pilots, effective Sept. 1, 2009.

We expect a total of 65 captains to move to first officer positions.​

This sucks.

Last edited:

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
No good news since I started with this company!

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Total Time
3 Tril
What DOH does that furlough back to?

Data

Total Time
6000+
11/19/07 but whats a couple days
By my calculations that puts 890 and 891 at the bottom of each left seat list. Of course that means there will be a vacancy award on the 700, it'll be interesting to see if that goes junior or senior.

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Total Time
3 Tril
So that is everybody that wasnt on the contract.

bigshooter107

Total Time
Sorry guys. My fo on my last trip was one of those guys. Go to law school.

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
So do we expect something from the Skywest side soon?
Nope! SKYW will sacrifice the ASA side to keep their boys happy. Get used to it.

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
Hope ASA enjoyed their performance numbers. If we bleed like this and SkyWest gets the easy ride while we suffer, there won't be an A-14 or D-0 flight from me until this place tanks. I'm getting pretty fed up here...................

boknowsASA

Total Time
Hope ASA enjoyed their performance numbers. If we bleed like this and SkyWest gets the easy ride while we suffer, there won't be an A-14 or D-0 flight from me until this place tanks. I'm getting pretty fed up here...................

Then quit...

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
By my calculations that puts 890 and 891 at the bottom of each left seat list. Of course that means there will be a vacancy award on the 700, it'll be interesting to see if that goes junior or senior.
I got it right about 900, many as you mentioned are on the 700.

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
Total Time
4500+
What kind of industry have we turned into when we're wishing furloughs on someone else?

Tarzan

Total Time
What kind of industry have we turned into when we're wishing furloughs on someone else?
Oh? So you'd take a furlough and think, "I'm glad it was me instead of him." Nobody else is paying my bills and feeding my family. I'd wish anything on someone else if spared my family the pain of that.

VerticalSnap

Total Time
2500+
ASA and SkyWest are 2 different airlines run by different management groups. SkyWest Airlines DID NOT want to take the 2 for 1 deal for more 900's. Brad Holt and ASA took that risk in hopes of finding additional flying. Sure, Inc has a ton of say about things, but when it comes down to signing the 2 for 1 deal, it's the CEO's call.

N1VIBS

Total Time
ASA and SkyWest are 2 different airlines run by different management groups. SkyWest Airlines DID NOT want to take the 2 for 1 deal for more 900's. Brad Holt and ASA took that risk in hopes of finding additional flying. Sure, Inc has a ton of say about things, but when it comes down to signing the 2 for 1 deal, it's the CEO's call.[/QUOT

I could be wrong, but I don't buy that. I don't think Brad takes a dump without getting Skywest Inc, approval.

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
ASA and SkyWest are 2 different airlines run by different management groups. SkyWest Airlines DID NOT want to take the 2 for 1 deal for more 900's. Brad Holt and ASA took that risk in hopes of finding additional flying. Sure, Inc has a ton of say about things, but when it comes down to signing the 2 for 1 deal, it's the CEO's call.[/QUOT

I could be wrong, but I don't buy that. I don't think Brad takes a dump without getting Skywest Inc, approval.
I agree with you VIBS. If it didn't matter, Jerry wouldn't have been on my JA wouldn't have been on my airplane too long ago. Brad's the figure head, JA runs the show. I'm not hatin' on BH, because frankly, I think he's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Let's face it, Delta is the one at the helm here, and ASA is at the whim of SkyWest INC.