• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will survive this mess, just ride it out for a year. I think mainline may fare worse in the coming months...

Yea- I'm thinking you're right. It's easy to get irritated and get fired up over it, but in the end, we've got it alright. Most of the other airlines have furloughed far more than we have- or will, I feel.

Bottom line is we've got to keep our performance up in order to get the folks on the street back. It's not a guarantee, but it's a better shot than shutting the place down in a hissy fit.

However, I would like to hear some straight talk on why ASA wasn't good enough for Salt Lake, but how SkyWest is good enough for Atlanta, on what seems to be a growing basis.

Unfortunately, I am hearing that Delta is eyeing close to 2000 furloughs- hope this isn't true. Frankly, it's a mess no one needs, especially given that Delta is the most likely candidate for hiring and our source of attrition. On a side note- it may actually drive the Mesaba and Compass cost structures up enough to help us attain our 80% lock in with Delta. Who knows what's going to happen, but so far, most of us seem to be weathering the storm, for now....................

Last edited:
Delta sold ASA

Dang! I guess there is one exception!

Why? They had to survive. Had they not sold ASA, they would not have had the cash to deposit in escrow to meet the conditions dictated by the Credit Card Companies to allow the continued credit card transactions of selling tickets. No escrow--No revenue--No Cash Flow--No Chaper 11--No Future! In addition, part of the money from the sale was necessary for Mainline to be able to survive and enter into and then exit bankruptcy. Otherwise--there would be no Delta, no ASA, no Skywest, and no surviving Cash Cow, had Chapter 11 not been successful.

Corrected statement: Only a fool would sell a Cash Cow, except to protect a greater financial interest and to survive bankruptcy.

Can't you just feel the love?

Sorry for one pilot's expression. He is entitled to his opinion.

However, not everyone feels that way. We can only benefit each other, as pilot groups, if we keep the respect and communications open. Both pilot groups have been able to improve our individual work rules by leveraging off each other. We have more in common, than we have differences. Peace, Out!

Sorry for one pilot's expression. He is entitled to his opinion.

However, not everyone feels that way. We can only benefit each other, as pilot groups, if we keep the respect and communications open. Both pilot groups have been able to improve our individual work rules by leveraging off each other. We have more in common, than we have differences. Peace, Out!

Hey Speedtape!!!

Let me know how you feel when our planes start to go away, while Skywest Inc. somehow finds more flying for Skywest Airlines.

And the only improvements leverage off the two groups so far have been improvements for the OO folks, after our contract was hammered out.

Quit sucking up to those goons. They don't want a union, and are very happy to reap the benefits. When they get a union, ALPA or otherwise, then I will have some respect for their position. At this point I have more respect for the pilots at MESA.

That is sad.

There is flying being done in ATL by SkyWest that ASA could do. We don't even need their airplanes, we have plenty of spares.

What flying is that? Specifics....Do you actually believe Skywest/ASA is purposely losing flying and trying to get more?

Last edited:
I do not agree.

As long as Skywest airlines continues to fly 900s into ATL, under a certificate originally put together by ASA pilots, and does not have pilots on the street...then it is all sunshine and rainbows over there.

And it sucks more here. But it is our choice. We are being punished for having a union while you are rewarded for not having a union.

But of course we are also part of the only organization which successfully advocates for pilots and airline safety on the world stage. We are part of an organization which has raised the quality of life and standard of living throughout the industry's entire history.

And it is that very organization to which the pilots of Skywest airlines owe their level of pay and quality of life. That very organization which the pilots of skywest airlines have refused to support, while still benefitting from its efforts. Efforts, paid for by the cash and sweat of unionized pilots across the country.

An imperfect, foooked-up, political and petty union, which is the best we've got.

Thanks again, you free-riding bunch of gutless shortsighted idiots.

Another ALPA koolaid drinking idiot...Praise ALPA!

Hey Speedtape!!!

Let me know how you feel when our planes start to go away, while Skywest Inc. somehow finds more flying for Skywest Airlines.

And the only improvements leverage off the two groups so far have been improvements for the OO folks, after our contract was hammered out.

Quit sucking up to those goons. They don't want a union, and are very happy to reap the benefits. When they get a union, ALPA or otherwise, then I will have some respect for their position. At this point I have more respect for the pilots at MESA.

That is sad.

Quit sucking up to a failed union....Many of us here don't want ALPA.....Mesa has done more to bring down pay and workrules than Skywest.....Put down the ALPA crack pipe Man!

Joe,

You fail to RTFP (Read The Freakin Post).

I said "When they get a union, ALPA or otherwise, then I will have some respect for their position."

and "An imperfect, foooked-up, political and petty union, which is the best we've got."

ALPA is simply the lesser of evils to me.

Those idiots should at least join the International butt-kissers guild.

You and I both know where their payscale and QOL would be if the rest of us and our predecessors weren't in a union.

And just how are we ever gonna get that single branded flying crap, without a union?

Is ALPA perfect? FOOOOKKKK no! But that changes nothing about my comments on Skywest pilots.

Last edited:
Joe,

You fail to RTFP (Read The Freakin Post).

I said "When they get a union, ALPA or otherwise, then I will have some respect for their position."

and "An imperfect, foooked-up, political and petty union, which is the best we've got."

ALPA is simply the lesser of evils to me.

Those idiots should at least join the International butt-kissers guild.

You and I both know where their payscale and QOL would be if the rest of us and our predecessors weren't in a union.

And just how are we ever gonna get that single branded flying crap, without a union?

Is ALPA perfect? FOOOOKKKK no! But that changes nothing about my comments on Skywest pilots.

They have no reason to join ALPA....They are doing what every other pilot group does, ALPA or not....They are looking out for what is best for them!

It's time we did the same....ALPA is making it harder to join forces with the Skywest pilots....It's time to quit believing in a failed organization!

I read the post....I don't support organizations simply because "they are the best we have"....I voted Libertarian in the last election because I am tired of the Republicans....I'm done supporting the lessor of two evils....

Latest resources

Back