• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bad news is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because everyone at ASA is to thick headed to realize what's going on around them. Skywest is taking care of themselves as you'd expect and ASA is and will continue to be screwed... Why do you think I'm on leave..

I don't wish a furlough on anyone, but I see Skywest 200's in atl now everyday. They are flying in and out of cvg with 200's. Not to mention all of the 900's! Everything we hear at ASA is we will be doing the flying on the east, and skywest in the west. Well now skywest is in the east and west, and we are only in the east and furloughing. So, why is skywest not sharing in the pain? Sure they can't take our planes due to our cba, but they can take our flying and we have no option other than to furlough. Things are bad right now, and I understand the need to furlough, but if skywest is shifting flying to prevent there own group from furloughing at our expense then that is a serious problem with serious consequenses to the pilot morale here at asa. When morale goes south, so does performance, and then our delta contract is at risk, which will cost Inc alot more money than the possibility of a union at skywest.

What flying is that? Specifics....Do you actually believe Skywest/ASA is purposely losing flying and trying to get more?

You must not be flying the line much. If you were, you'd notice a few SkyWest planes flying out of ATL and CVG.

I've seen CRJs, CR7s, and CR9s of SkyWest's here. We probably couldn't swing the CR9 routes, but we could definitely do the CRJ and CR7 flying they do with the current aircraft we have.

You must not be flying the line much. If you were, you'd notice a few SkyWest planes flying out of ATL and CVG.

I've seen CRJs, CR7s, and CR9s of SkyWest's here. We probably couldn't swing the CR9 routes, but we could definitely do the CRJ and CR7 flying they do with the current aircraft we have.

...actually I'm not flying that much....I have noticed some Skywest planes in ATL in CVG....

1. The CVG flying once belonged to the Comair pilots....I guess you don't mind it when we take that flying....apparantly you have already claimed it as "ours"....

2. The 900s should be at ASA...but you and your fellow hardline ALPA chest thumpers decided to take on Jerry....He won and transferred the airplanes....Suck it up and move on....It wouldn't have been my choice, but the majority decided they wanted to fight instead....

3. There is a 10% reduction in Sept....That isn't being done by Skywest...

Would one of the Skywest dispatchers that lurk please post the actual hours of 50 and 70 seat flying that Skywest does in ATL...sweptback is delusional if he thinks that will actually pick up the slack...

Sweptback, you and the other hardliners have picked a fight you can't win....Pick you battles more carefully.....

...actually I'm not flying that much....I have noticed some Skywest planes in ATL in CVG....

1. The CVG flying once belonged to the Comair pilots....I guess you don't mind it when we take that flying....apparantly you have already claimed it as "ours"....

2. The 900s should be at ASA...but you and your fellow hardline ALPA chest thumpers decided to take on Jerry....He won and transferred the airplanes....Suck it up and move on....It wouldn't have been my choice, but the majority decided they wanted to fight instead....

3. There is a 10% reduction in Sept....That isn't being done by Skywest...

Would one of the Skywest dispatchers that lurk please post the actual hours of 50 and 70 seat flying that Skywest does in ATL...sweptback is delusional if he thinks that will actually pick up the slack...

Sweptback, you and the other hardliners have picked a fight you can't win....Pick you battles more carefully.....

I think his point was very simple...

If Skywest can fly AT ALL from Atlanta, then we should be doing SOME flying out of SLC. There is simply no logicistical or common-sense reason for them to be here in the first place.

I think his point was very simple...

If Skywest can fly AT ALL from Atlanta, then we should be doing SOME flying out of SLC. There is simply no logicistical or common-sense reason for them to be here in the first place.

What's the "logical" reason we are in CVG while CMR furloughs?

Funny how ALPA cheerleaders get their panties in a wad when a Skywest plane shows up in ATL...yet look the other way in CVG.....Hypocrites!

The 900s would have been ASA crews if the hardliners hadn't try to dictate the way things would be with Jerry.....Keep sticking your finger in his eye and you aren't going to like the result....Just sayin....

What's the "logical" reason we are in CVG while CMR furloughs?

Funny how ALPA cheerleaders get their panties in a wad when a Skywest plane shows up in ATL...yet look the other way in CVG.....Hypocrites!

The 900s would have been ASA crews if the hardliners hadn't try to dictate the way things would be with Jerry.....Keep sticking your finger in his eye and you aren't going to like the result....Just sayin....

-Non-responsive to the point.

Point being that we are a Wholly-owned subsidiary of Skywest-and as such, SKYW has total control over what they do with us. Skywest decisions have no bearing on Comair.

I think the point still stands. ATL is our only base. We need more flying. Why not let us cover ATL flying, rather than SKYW hauling some bucket halfway across the country just to "poke a finger in our eye?"

Comair's situation sucks, but we have no control over DAL's decisions. SKYW has complete control over who gets the flying and who gets furloughed.

Joe-Every post you make just turns into a platitude... Why not rejoin the world one day? The RJDC is dead-and your approval or disapproval of ALPA will never bring it back.

Some of you think that just because a pilot works for a union carrier means that every pilot there is in favor of the union. Even though a new union vote to reaffirm ALPA at ASA may pass, I wonder what percentage would vote no.

If ASA pilots were offered a choice;

A) Continue with ASA and ALPA and being the redheaded step child of Skywest

or

B) dissolve ASA and get integrated by date of hire into Skywest pilots' senority list without a union or any chance of a union vote in the forseeable future.

Hmmm! I wonder what most of the ASA pilots would choose? And most of you at ASA on here that talk trash would probably be first in line at Skywest's door.

Some of you think that just because a pilot works for a union carrier means that every pilot there is in favor of the union. Even though a new union vote to reaffirm ALPA at ASA may pass, I wonder what percentage would vote no.

or

B) dissolve ASA and get integrated by date of hire into Skywest pilots' senority list without a union or any chance of a union vote in the forseeable future.

Hmmm! I wonder what most of the ASA pilots would choose? And most of you at ASA on here that talk trash would probably be first in line at Skywest's door.

B) is not on the table and never will be.

Frankly, I like option (C).

C) Delta Mec negotiates scope so that only Alpa Connectors get any future growth.

How do you propose that ASA simply "acquire more flying"? Do you really believe they haven't been trying? How would you "acquire more flying"?

How about pro-rate flying just as SKW is doing?

Both pilot groups have been able to improve our individual work rules by leveraging off each other.

What leverage does the individual at-will pilot at Skywest have?

Keep sticking your finger in his eye and you aren't going to like the result...

Unions are the finger in his eye so you are not going to like the result anyways.

or

JA would not go for that anyways.

Latest resources

Back