• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA endorses Clinton

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't get it PCL....If you make more, you already pay more....Most taxes are paid by those who make the most money....That is a fact.....
Not for social security, you don't. You actually pay less and less a percentage of your income as you make more and more above $97.5k. The system is backwards.
If ALPA operated with your logic, then those who make more within ALPA should pay a higher percentage of dues.....A senior Delta or United captain would pay 3.5% in dues, while a regional FO would pay 1% in dues.....would that be fair?
Not analogous, because there aren't a plethora of deductions to be taken to reduce dues payments as there are with tax payments. Nobody actually pays their tax bracket, because everyone takes deductions. ALPA's system is analogous to a flat tax, which I would support. Everyone pays exactly the same percentage with no deductions. That's not the way the tax system is set up, though, Joe. Under the current tax system, someone can sit in a higher tax bracket but pay a lower percentage of income because of the various deductions and sheltering schemes.

Your information PCL simply isn't factual.....The top earners already pay most of the taxes....That is a fact....

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=23023

"By 2006, the share of income taxes paid by the top 10 percent of earners was 70.8 percent, while the bottom 50 percent paid -0.3 percent -- The President’s bipartisan Tax Reform Panel stating “taxpayers in the lowest two quintiles [of earners] actually receive more in refunds from the federal government than they pay in income taxes and, as a result, have negative tax income burdens.

We have a spending problem and an over reliance on government in this country......We don't have a problem of not paying enough in taxes.......

My information was 100% factual. You just want to talk about a completely different issue. What you posted has nothing to do with what we've been discussing. Typical far-right red herrings.

You said the top earners aren't paying their "fair" share.....That isn't true......

They are paying their "fair" share....Show me where they aren't.......

You said the top earners aren't paying their "fair" share.....That isn't true......

They are paying their "fair" share....Show me where they aren't.......
We've already been over this, Joe. The rich pay less as a percentage of their income than the middle-class because they are able to manipulate the system to their advantage. A rich guy might pay 20% of his income in taxes while his employees pay 25%. That's not his fair share.

We've already been over this, Joe. The rich pay less as a percentage of their income than the middle-class because they are able to manipulate the system to their advantage. A rich guy might pay 20% of his income in taxes while his employees pay 25%. That's not his fair share.

Your sidestepping the issue.....Most of the tax revenue comes from the top.....The bottom third hardly pays anything......

What you want to do is penalize those who have worked hard and take there money and give to those who largely have decided to not work as hard.......

The fact is, many of the lower income get money from the tax system thru the Earned Income Tax Credit......The tax rebate that was just pushed thru doesn't give me any of my tax money back, but some people who don't pay any tax will get a rebate....How is that "fair"?

Your sidestepping the issue.....Most of the tax revenue comes from the top.....The bottom third hardly pays anything......
The bottom third pays hardly anything because they're living in poverty. Many of them work at companies like WalMart that refuse to pay them a decent salary that would allow them to pay taxes in the first place. The dollar amount that the rich pays isn't the issue. The issue is that they pay a lower percentage of their income than the middle class. That's not right. They should pay at least as much as a percentage of income.
What you want to do is penalize those who have worked hard and take there money and give to those who largely have decided to not work as hard.......
Someone that works at WalMart isn't working hard? Someone that's in middle management isn't working hard? Someone that cleans toilets at hotels isn't working hard? I'd wager that you've never done anything close to the hard work that those in the lower class do. The fact that they don't make as much money doesn't mean that they aren't working hard. You want to put the rich on a pedestal and pretend that they work so much harder than the rest of us, but that's absurd. Many of them fell ass-backwards into money. Many of them make money by screwing over the "little people." They don't deserve the exalted status that you've given them. They are no different than the rest of us. They shouldn't get to pay less than their fair share.

How many of those in the bottom third have $50 per month cable bills, $50 per month cell phone bills, a new Plasm TV on credit, a new car every 3 years on credit, download ringtones, go to Starbucks 3 times a week, eat out 3 times a week, and rent because their credit is bad.......then complain because they can't pay their bills.....

Anyone with normal means in this country can become wealthy if they CHOOSE to...... The only exceptions are those with mental problems that prevent them.....

The fact remains....those at the bottom already don't pay taxes.....You simply want to punish those who worked hard......That is the Democratic motto..."Punish those who succeed"........

How many of those in the bottom third have $50 per month cable bills, $50 per month cell phone bills, a new Plasm TV on credit, a new car every 3 years on credit, download ringtones, go to Starbucks 3 times a week, eat out 3 times a week, and rent because their credit is bad.......then complain because they can't pay their bills.....
A lot fewer than you think.
Anyone with normal means in this country can become wealthy if they CHOOSE to.
I used to believe that too........then I woke up.

A lot fewer than you think.I used to believe that too........then I woke up.

Many of the folks I fly with who complain about money have a cup of Starbucks in their hand, and when they get the USAToday, they go right for the Purple section and the Orange section.....They don't touch the Green section......

If you talk to them, they know more about who Brittany Spears than the company 401k and the tax code.....They are more interested in American Idol than they are in Hannety and Colms.....

Life is full of choices....some make better choices than others......We shouldn't penalize those who make good choices.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back