• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA may not merge with anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I guess one of our little (still on the property because of his career expectations) 2000 hire asked the moderators to remove the last page of this thread because he got his feelings Hurt. feeling a little shame are we? Was I correct in assuming that you did not yet have your private license when we were hired in the late 80's and flying the world London, Lisbon, Paris and as in (ON PROPERTY)
Mach8

Well I guess one of our little (still on the property because of his career expectations) 2000 hire asked the moderators to remove the last page of this thread because he got his feelings Hurt. feeling a little shame are we? Was I correct in assuming that you did not yet have your private license when we were hired in the late 80's and flying the world London, Lisbon, Paris and as in (ON PROPERTY)
Mach8

Get it through your thick bean buddy. TWA is dead. It was dead when it was acquired in the midst of its 3rd Bankruptcy.

I gave up 500+ numbers so your buddies could continue to have ANY "career expectations" at all. I think they got too much. We were both sacrificed. The Difference between you and thousands of us is that we have moved on to FDX, UPS, LUV, we are not looking back. We are not complaining about the TWA cancer that infected AA and cost us our jobs.

Everyone I know that was in your position left while they had a chance like rats from a sinking ship. There were 7 ex-TWA guys in my new hire class at AA. What did they know that you didn't? Maybe you just couldn't get a real job at a real airline and had to settle for TWA. That is usually the case or you would have moved on too.

When I left the Active Duty in the late 90's I didn't even consider interviewing at your beloved TWA. Know why? Because everyone but you saw the writing on the wall. Might as well have been interviewing at Braniff, Pan Am, Eastern. They were gone. Aviation History. Their Pilots moved on. Try it.

I'm not proud of what APA did in the integration. It was shameful and weak. They gave too much. They bent way over as soon as Kit Bond got involved. Your "rightful place" was at the bottom of the list or better yet on the Interview list. From my point of view, you got much better than what you deserved.

You're Welcome.

Last edited:
Well the ugly head of another AAhole surfaces. Did not apply anywhere else for your info as I loved TWA as many thousand others did. I hope all you NWA guys read this as AA could be in your future. Plan now as these weak and sorry aviators could be your dance partner. Maybe if NWA buys them you can then teach them to fly.
Mach8

Last edited:
Mach8,

You got screwed over royally, no doubt about it. I am sorry that things have been so hard on you. I personally feel that you TWA guys did get the shaft.

In the history of the airlines, many, many people have gotten f-ed over royally. Braniff, Eastern, Pan Am, People Express, etc. The Texas International / Continental guys got f-ed royally too back in the day. This business is brutal.

I am actually below TWA on the seniority list, so don't get mad at me. In fact, I've been furloughed over 5 years. Yes, it sucks royally but I have made peace with my situation in life. It could be worse, I could be 59 years old with no retirement. Those guys are screwed.

Placing all of the blame for what happened to you on AA, is not logical. Yes, you got stapled to the bottom, but it was not like the future of TWA was all that bright. When AA drove Braniff or People Express out of business, they didn't get anything from AA. I wonder if they all carried around a hatred for AA too. Being furloughed after being a captain sucks royally, but most people in this business have to start over a couple of times on a new seniority list. Instead of blaming AA for your situation, why don't you blame capitalism, a free market economy, fate, God or something else.

I hope you can find some sort of peace in your life. It will be better for your overall health. Also, I am looking forward to being recalled to AA. I really don't want someone with all of your anger ruining it for me.

If it was evil to buy TWA and staple the pilots, was it "evil" to put Braniff and People Express out of business? Is a free market economy where only the strong survive inherently evil? If you say yes, you should live in another country. Preferably one with a state-sponsored airline. They can be as lazy and inefficient as they want and never worry about losing their seniority. That system sure worked great in the former Soviet Union.

One last thing - my son has a classmate whose Dad is a soldier. He picks up his son every afternoon and has 3rd degree burns all over his body from an IED explosion. His hands are just stubs. Also, he has a totally hot looking wife, and I'm pretty sure his "equipment" is gone too. I'm sorry that 9/11 has screwed up your life, but it could be much worse. Instead of being bitter all the time, you should learn to count the blessings in your life.

Get it through your thick bean buddy. TWA is dead. It was dead when it was acquired in the midst of its 3rd Bankruptcy.

I gave up 500+ numbers so your buddies could continue to have ANY "career expectations" at all. I think they got too much. We were both sacrificed. The Difference between you and thousands of us is that we have moved on to FDX, UPS, LUV, we are not looking back. We are not complaining about the TWA cancer that infected AA and cost us our jobs.

Everyone I know that was in your position left while they had a chance like rats from a sinking ship. There were 7 ex-TWA guys in my new hire class at AA. What did they know that you didn't? Maybe you just couldn't get a real job at a real airline and had to settle for TWA. That is usually the case or you would have moved on too.

When I left the Active Duty in the late 90's I didn't even consider interviewing at your beloved TWA. Know why? Because everyone but you saw the writing on the wall. Might as well have been interviewing at Braniff, Pan Am, Eastern. They were gone. Aviation History. Their Pilots moved on. Try it.

I'm not proud of what APA did in the integration. It was shameful and weak. They gave too much. They bent way over as soon as Kit Bond got involved. Your "rightful place" was at the bottom of the list or better yet on the Interview list. From my point of view, you got much better than what you deserved.

You're Welcome.
Wow, I cant wait to return, so you REAL aviators can teach us how to fly.

I gave up 500+ numbers so your buddies could continue to have ANY "career expectations" at all. You're Welcome.

500...WOW! How many of those 500 are left? I would have to guess they have ALL reitired since then and while they were there they flew behind a fence that would not have effected you at all. So.... how were you harmed?

As a mid seniority nwa pilot I am sure we will be treated the same way if aa is the survior, however how do you think it should go if nwa pulls a hp/us deal and is the aquirerer keeping the aa name? I fully expect that you will agree that a 8:1 ration for capts and a staple for the other 5000 naatives will be all you should realistically expect. Not that I think this would happen, as I fully expect our mgmt will do what makes them the most money. If they can find a way of seperating our Japan route authority from the nwa entity we will be be in the history books asap, you guys will be flying our 400s, 787s, getting to know camp nrt and yankees well, and most of us unemployed.

How could AMR keep the Toyko hub of NWA if NWA was acquired?

Same way they kept all the rights TWA had or the LHR gates and slots Icahn sold them in the 90's.

Anything is possible if the check has the right number of zeros after the first number...TC

Mach8

Believe what ever makes you happy, sport. I didn't do squat to that thread.

Since you're so interested in my personal life - in the late 80s, I was in 10th grade happily drawing beautiful silverbirds that I hoped to fly one day. I can send you one if you like, I was quite the artist! Happy to say that I achieved my goal of flying for AA in early 2000, through my hard work and determination.

Unless you were hired at AA in the late 80s, I don't believe you were "on the property" quite yet - am I correct?

Happy holidays,

Latest resources

Back