• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA may not merge with anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was it disappointing when you reached your goal to realize what the character of the people and organization were truly like?

I know when I started dealing with the aa group it was eye opening. I was saddened by the character of the company and individuals.

Was it disappointing when you reached your goal to realize what the character of the people and organization were truly like?

I know when I started dealing with the aa group it was eye opening. I was saddened by the character of the company and individuals.

Out of all the airlines and companies I'd flown for, I was treated the best by far here. I'd have to say that it truly felt like winning the lottery. I was relatively young (26), joining an airline that was hiring 110/month, buying new aircraft with just about any variety of flying one could desire, and one heck of a nice paycheck after first year. Nah, can't say I was really dissapointed!

Yes and no,

I read a thread on here about what Air Tran is pulling on its pilots. Pretty crappy. AA is really no different than so many other airlines, I have talked to friends at many of them and I hear similiar stories.

As for the pilot group, I have run into a few that I did not care for, however I ran into a select few at my past 5 airlines as well. AA is number 6.

However I have made some great friendships with AA and TWA guys. In fact for while a fellow captain and I bid the same lines in effort to fly with each other.

I usually only hear and observe the most obnoxious, however that seems to pretty common anywhere.

There are a lot more guys like AA73 here than the "not so kind ones" you have run into. However with comments like Mach8s, even the nice ones after awhile will show their teeth and spit back.

Regards,

AAflyer

Same way they kept all the rights TWA had or the LHR gates and slots Icahn sold them in the 90's.

Anything is possible if the check has the right number of zeros after the first number...TC

Yea, but can the right number of zeros transfer the Tokyo Pacific rights granted by the Japanese after WWII to another named carrier? NWA and UAL have a deal no one else has, is it transferable?

Yea, but can the right number of zeros transfer the Tokyo Pacific rights granted by the Japanese after WWII to another named carrier? NWA and UAL have a deal no one else has, is it transferable?

There has been discussion that the fifth freedom rights are moot with the advent of longer range acft that can bypass NRT.

That's not the point - fifth freedom is cabotage. It's NRT Asia interport flying to beach destinations and beyond that should be done by Japanese airlines. The Japanese hate it, and it is tied to NWA by law, not to anyone else. Remember about 7 years ago when all the other carriers tried to get it killed because they couldn't do it?

Yes, another corporation could get our routes to Asia, but not the coveted fifth freedom rights, which is a big part of the revenue of NWA's Asia network. NWA has 5 757's based in NRT dedicated to this flying, not to mention the 747-400's from Conus that are through flights to other parts of Asia.

My prediction of whomever merges/aquires OR is aquired by NWA, the corporate control will be called NWA.

Believe what ever makes you happy, sport. I didn't do squat to that thread.

Since you're so interested in my personal life - in the late 80s, I was in 10th grade happily drawing beautiful silverbirds that I hoped to fly one day. I can send you one if you like, I was quite the artist! Happy to say that I achieved my goal of flying for AA in early 2000, through my hard work and determination.

Unless you were hired at AA in the late 80s, I don't believe you were "on the property" quite yet - am I correct?

Happy holidays,

Dont want to get into the facts with you as you would not understand. The Carib, the slots, the transcons and on and on. You are truly a punk and perfectly represent the silver spoon spoiled little brat APA poster child. The Hitler Youth as we call it.
Get ready NW pilots this is the mentality of the group in which you may dance with. Goodluck
Mach8

Dont want to get into the facts with you as you would not understand. The Carib, the slots, the transcons and on and on. You are truly a punk and perfectly represent the silver spoon spoiled little brat APA poster child. The Hitler Youth as we call it.
Get ready NW pilots this is the mentality of the group in which you may dance with. Goodluck
Mach8

Now how do you know I'm a punk? You haven't even seen my hairstyle, much less the kind of music I like. "Sophisticated Italian stallion" is more like it. :cool:

Sure is easy getting a rise out of you. All I gotta do is state some facts from childhood, mention my hire date at AA, and bombs away. Heck, my 3 year old is harder to provoke!

BTW, Hitler's Youth is Eagle, dumba$$. Get your facts straight.

Super handsome APA patented ladies man

There has been discussion that the fifth freedom rights are moot with the advent of longer range acft that can bypass NRT.

That's not the point - fifth freedom is cabotage. It's NRT Asia interport flying to beach destinations and beyond that should be done by Japanese airlines. The Japanese hate it, and it is tied to NWA by law, not to anyone else. Remember about 7 years ago when all the other carriers tried to get it killed because they couldn't do it?

Yes, another corporation could get our routes to Asia, but not the coveted fifth freedom rights, which is a big part of the revenue of NWA's Asia network. NWA has 5 757's based in NRT dedicated to this flying, not to mention the 747-400's from Conus that are through flights to other parts of Asia.

My prediction of whomever merges/aquires OR is aquired by NWA, the corporate control will be called NWA.

It looks obvious that if AMR wants the Fifth Freedom Rights it is going to have to play ball with the NWA. AMR merge M.O. is going to have to change compared to its recent TWA past.

It will be interesting to see if AMR can step up to the plate and make the transition or become the little fish in the ocean with the big sharks (US/DAL, UAL/CAL, SWA).

AMR is at a turning point. Which way does it go?

Last edited:
It looks obvious that if AMR wants the Fifth Freedom Rights it is going to have to play ball with the NWA. AMR merge M.O. is going to have to change compared to its recent TWA past.

Just because some partners are on the dance floor does not mean someone might not cut in and take someone elses partner. The talk of AMR/NWA is very premature, and the merger night is young......NWA is the prettiest gal on the dance floor, but her parents mortgaged her dowery....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back