• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA may not merge with anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73, that the attitude that going to make AMR the little carrier or part of another bad relationship because AMR doesn't know how to play nice.

Either way it bad for AMR. Maybe the TWA guys will finally feel better when they see AMR fall behind

aa73, that the attitude that going to make AMR the little carrier or part of another bad relationship because AMR doesn't know how to play nice.

Either way it bad for AMR. Maybe the TWA guys will finally feel better when they see AMR fall behind

OK, can you rephrase that in English please?

OK, can you rephrase that in English please?

LOL! Seriously, I think he means... Uh, well, I don't know what the hell he means. ;) TC

P.S.--Find me a "good" merger in the last 20 years (other than Delta/Western) and maybe I'll be for an AA merger with someone else...

Hello Lucky,
AA-(1973) stands for his birthdate I am sure. A true aahole punk and poster child of the APA. He was in high school dreaming of being a pilot when his TWA counterparts were flying the world (on property). APA logic and morals made him senior in our merger and he displaced captains. Lets hope NWA leads the dance and you can right a wrong.
Mach8

In the unlikely event of nwa buying aa as a mid seniortiy nwa pilot I will do everythinhg in my power(I am very active in the union)to get the twas and renos their doh and staple the nAAtives as that is their policy or at least fence them to the pos dc9-80s as the 76/77s are replaced with 787s. Fyi some/all jumpseats on nwa may not be available to nAAtives as a very disparageing cut and paste from the apa webboard was copied to our nwa board. AAers, while some capts want to deny all aas some are more rationale and will only deny the ones on the list but if anyone knows a LARRY MORALES 767FO MIA PLEASE TELL HIM/HER HE IS PESONA NON GRATA AT NWA AND TO SHOVE HIS KA-PLUNK SWINGLINE UP HIS ASS!

Get it through your thick bean buddy. TWA is dead. It was dead when it was acquired in the midst of its 3rd Bankruptcy.

OK. One more time. TWA was NOT in the "midst" of its third bankruptcy. The bankruptcy was a pre-packaged arrangement designed to allow AA to acquire the assets without having to deal with pesky "contracts" that AA did'nt want to assume. The whole arrangement was planned out months in advance, and TWA used its cash on hand to pay down debt prior to the acquisition unneccessarily. It also gave AA the chapter 1113 hammer that was later used against the rest of the industrys pilots.

If an AA/NW combo were to occur, I think there is a lot to the argument that NW would be the surviving certificate due to the fifth freedom rights. The NW pilots would have huge leverage, and plenty of support from the bottom of the list.

TWAers and Renoers what you think about forming an alpa alliance with doh for us and a staple (Ka-Klunk) for the nAAtives in the event of NWA aquireing the nAAzi ******************************s?

Sorry. What I meant to say was AMR's attitude is going to stunt its potential. AMR is either going to be small as a result of not merging or if AMR does merge it will need to work at being "fair and equitable" in the merge in order to get the benefit of the merge.

AA73 and others like him need to change their attitudes or their going to hurt AMR's future.

People run airlines. It is a service industry. If the people can not get along, the airline does not work regardless of the route network, type of aircraft, money in the bank, etc.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back