• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA may not merge with anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say bring the mergers on. Without a merger I'll be on the street for another 3 years, and sitting in a crashpad on reserve for another 3 years with no career expections. Nother to loose! Besides I,ll have a better chance to fly with NonNatives.

OK. One more time. TWA was NOT in the "midst" of its third bankruptcy. The bankruptcy was a pre-packaged arrangement designed to allow AA to acquire the assets without having to deal with pesky "contracts" that AA did'nt want to assume. The whole arrangement was planned out months in advance, and TWA used its cash on hand to pay down debt prior to the acquisition unneccessarily. It also gave AA the chapter 1113 hammer that was later used against the rest of the industrys pilots.
quote]

Please don't confuse this pissing contest with facts.:rolleyes:

X

Can the NWA name be saved and be exclusively used on pacific routes by American? In other words, AMR buys NWA and keeps the NWA name on a small company dedicated to pacific ops? Even keep the planes painted in AMR colors with that little sign in small print: Operated by NWA.
I could (sadly) see this being done.

Hello Lucky,
AA-(1973) stands for his birthdate I am sure. A true aahole punk and poster child of the APA. He was in high school dreaming of being a pilot when his TWA counterparts were flying the world (on property). APA logic and morals made him senior in our merger and he displaced captains. Lets hope NWA leads the dance and you can right a wrong.
Mach8

Hello, Mach8,

Yes, I was born in 1973. Are you in love with me? You really are interested in my personal life!

Takes an a-hole to know an a-hole, loser.

P.S. You were most definitely *NOT* on AA property in the late 80s. Back on your medication, boy.

Sorry. What I meant to say was AMR's attitude is going to stunt its potential. AMR is either going to be small as a result of not merging or if AMR does merge it will need to work at being "fair and equitable" in the merge in order to get the benefit of the merge.

AA73 and others like him need to change their attitudes or their going to hurt AMR's future.

People run airlines. It is a service industry. If the people can not get along, the airline does not work regardless of the route network, type of aircraft, money in the bank, etc.

OK, lucky, what attitude do you suggest I change? I'm one of the very few AA pilots who do NOT support a staple in any merger/acquisition. AAflyer is another. I've mentioned this many times on this board. Unless I'm dealing with psycho-freak loser Mach8, I've been very specific in letting everyone know my true stance with any future deals - NO STAPLING. So if you think attitudes need to change, you need to refer to most other AA pilots who do support a staple - not me.

What does APA do if it does not staple in the next merger??? Play in court for the next 50 years over DFR issues... APA and AA have laid the foundation for all mergers in the future... How unfortuneate it is..... Not sure Aviation 101 mentioned anything like that for the Boys in the suits.
Cheers

What does APA do if it does not staple in the next merger??? Play in court for the next 50 years over DFR issues... APA and AA have laid the foundation for all mergers in the future... How unfortuneate it is..... Not sure Aviation 101 mentioned anything like that for the Boys in the suits.
Cheers

I agree 100%. However, I must point out that APA/AA did not lay the foundation of stapling - SWA did with Morris in 1994. Our first "stapler" deal was with Reno in 1998. That said, though, I'll never agree that stapling is fair.

And ALPA established the "fair" integration of a potentially bankrupt carrier, when they came up with the Delta/Pan Am integration. Which ironically is exactly what the APA did with TWA, yet people go ballistic on the APA.

The APA is not smart enough to come up this this on their own. They looked at what ALPA had already come up and with what the courts had already accepted and then copied it. If their is any NWA or Delta asset purchases I would expect the very same integration.

Latest resources

Back