• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The dynamic right now is because we are short manned, everyone who would take you're trip, is holding out for premium pay from a company assigned trip.

Tell me about it...I have two two-days in there that pay 16...in years (months) past, they'd have been gone in the first day. No one is touching my "garbage" now because the premium is so lucrative.

Lear, I hear you, but over here, unless you're senior in base, you're not going to be able to drop or trade down from you're line. Like you, SWA is always understaffed. Except for the month of Feb.

The dynamic right now is because we are short manned, everyone who would take you're trip, is holding out for premium pay from a company assigned trip.

Take care.
I was jumpseating home last week and met one of your pilots, really nice guy, we started talking about how our international lines looked and what MCO lines looked like and he basically said the same thing you did. No one's taking any straight drops right now with all the JVA available.

Guess it will be similar to here in those months: bid a line that's best commutable, max days off, let the credit fall where it falls and just fly my line. At least the money will be better! It's all good... :)

Some lines are commutable. But I find myself trading around so much that I rarely if ever fly a trip on my original line.
There is a TON of premium flying right now till the end of summer-but its damn hard to get rid of anything. I had one 3 day go next month but it had back to back SAN on the harbor. I have two 2 days that have been in give away all month.(1 to tpa 2 back paying 15.8) Use to those would have gone in 10 minutes.
JA is now on line only. So if your trip ends on Thursday or Friday you better pack extra clothes.
#2 Captain in LAS has done over 220tfp the last 2 months. Granted she is working her as off but that is over $40k per month.

Some lines are commutable. But I find myself trading around so much that I rarely if ever fly a trip on my original line.
There is a TON of premium flying right now till the end of summer-but its damn hard to get rid of anything. I had one 3 day go next month but it had back to back SAN on the harbor. I have two 2 days that have been in give away all month.(1 to tpa 2 back paying 15.8) Use to those would have gone in 10 minutes.
JA is now on line only. So if your trip ends on Thursday or Friday you better pack extra clothes.
#2 Captain in LAS has done over 220tfp the last 2 months. Granted she is working her as off but that is over $40k per month.

She is a sweet person to fly with. When I was new she was like "honey let me show how to land this bird". She makes it look easy. I guess if you been here for 29 years it looks easy. Did the math 40k is it.

The first time the Airtran Mec president wrote to MVD of SWA you (at) all published the reply and had your circle jerk celebration of relative seniority is coming. Now the calculated word is that something brown is blowing back from the fan towards the Airtran group. Whatever word that comes out is not by accident. Expectations and opinion can be moved by either side. Reality versus fantasy is coming. SWA is not letting flightinfo decide corporate decision making.

The first time the Airtran Mec president wrote to MVD of SWA you (at) all published the reply and had your circle jerk celebration of relative seniority is coming. Now the calculated word is that something brown is blowing back from the fan towards the Airtran group. Whatever word that comes out is not by accident. Expectations and opinion can be moved by either side. Reality versus fantasy is coming. SWA is not letting flightinfo decide corporate decision making.
What?

:confused:

They will be lucky to get stapled now is what I'm hearing. Probably no chance of that even.

Latest resources

Back