• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't. I like my time off and I have a lot of fellow AAI pilots who feel the same way. 80 hours of credit with 75 hours of block is what I shoot for every month.
;)
you realize our contract min is about 86 hrs/month, you are NOT going to like working for the man then, he wants his hours, and pays well.

Junior FO- Haven't flown 70 block yet and on pace for $130k+ ave 17.4 days off-
Can't tell you the difference between 3 on 4 off and the old 4 on 3 off schedules- plus all AMs or all PMs consistency- and no real stress at the job, smiling a lot.

I'm really curious about ATL, but I really think we're going to blow up there- everyone's QOL will be given a shot in the arm after this.

you realize our contract min is about 86 hrs/month, you are NOT going to like working for the man then, he wants his hours, and pays well.
From what your coworkers are telling me, that's not the case, and I like what I hear.

86 hours of TFP per month on 60-70 of block in the 17-18 days off range is just fine with me. If you had listened, you would realize I was talking about where I shoot for on OUR schedules, which is, on average, about 5 hours more credit than block on any given line, like every other airline out there. Your TFP system is unique, but it's the block hours that drives days off (assuming productive trips).

We're so short-staffed, no one has any extra days off to pick up our trips we drop into the trade board and we can't straight drop through FLiCA because there are never enough reserves (denied due to min coverage). It prohibits massaging your schedule to produce soft credit and will only get worse as we enter peak flying summer schedules.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement on schedules. Sounds really great, looking forward to it! :beer:

In april, I had 168 hours credit with 72 block hours. No sick calls, no vacation. Things are good around here right now. Back to the way it used to be before financial crisis. At my FO pay rate, that's just under 21,000$ for the month. Not bragging, just want people to know what is possible. Some are doing alot more than that.

Disclaimer: That is not my rear end in the avatar.

Bake, what the hell are you doing flying? SWA (we) need in at the GO hiring FAs :)

From what your coworkers are telling me, that's not the case, and I like what I hear.

86 hours of TFP per month on 60-70 of block in the 17-18 days off range is just fine with me. If you had listened, you would realize I was talking about where I shoot for on OUR schedules, which is, on average, about 5 hours more credit than block on any given line, like every other airline out there. Your TFP system is unique, but it's the block hours that drives days off (assuming productive trips).

We're so short-staffed, no one has any extra days off to pick up our trips we drop into the trade board and we can't straight drop through FLiCA because there are never enough reserves (denied due to min coverage). It prohibits massaging your schedule to produce soft credit and will only get worse as we enter peak flying summer schedules.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement on schedules. Sounds really great, looking forward to it! :beer:

Short staffed? Yet there's still movement with sap 1 and sap 2.

Wait till you see how short staffed we are here real quick. I believe it will be ja nation.

FYI for any given day, there are only a few am and a few pm reserve guys in base. There is no trading down or dropping to reserves. There really is no trading down with elitt.

It's good but I do believe there will be an adjustment period. Most trips are very dense.

You guys without "pull" in scheduling are going to "hurtin' for certain" once summer rolls around . . . . . Ty, of course, is the Jackie Treehorn of Scheduling's Malibu.

Been averaging 140-160TFP / month for over a year now. Still getting 16-17 days off a month with an average block of 70-80. Bottom 30% of FO seniority list. Tell me your future ex wives dont want some of that coin. $16-20K per month without even trying hard!

Lear, I hear you, but over here, unless you're senior in base, you're not going to be able to drop or trade down from you're line. Like you, SWA is always understaffed. Except for the month of Feb.

The dynamic right now is because we are short manned, everyone who would take you're trip, is holding out for premium pay from a company assigned trip.

Take care.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back