• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first time the Airtran Mec president wrote to MVD of SWA you (at) all published the reply and had your circle jerk celebration of relative seniority is coming. Now the calculated word is that something brown is blowing back from the fan towards the Airtran group. Whatever word that comes out is not by accident. Expectations and opinion can be moved by either side. Reality versus fantasy is coming. SWA is not letting flightinfo decide corporate decision making.

And......that's exactly why we have a four party process agreement that is being followed to a "t". That's also why Airtran ALPA diligently acquired protection from SW management before the process started. We all sleep real easy on the AT side because of the above. I think SWAPA should sleep easy as well knowing that a "fair and equitable" solution will be arrived at. There's really no reason for the useless fear mongering folks.

It's great to be on board and I really look forward to flying with all SW pilots. Together we can be far more successful than either could have been alone. Cheers!

And......that's exactly why we have a four party process agreement that is being followed to a "t". That's also why Airtran ALPA diligently acquired protection from SW management before the process started. We all sleep real easy on the AT side because of the above. I think SWAPA should sleep easy as well knowing that a "fair and equitable" solution will be arrived at. There's really no reason for the useless fear mongering folks.

It's great to be on board and I really look forward to flying with all SW pilots. Together we can be far more successful than either could have been alone. Cheers!

Bravo my friend, Bravo!

The Process Agreement allows SWA to manage as they see fit. Be very careful what you ask for. We are still a long way away from having any list implemented.

The Process Agreement allows SWA to manage as they see fit. Be very careful what you ask for. We are still a long way away from having any list implemented.

Be very careful to understand that SWA and not swapa will manage this. Also be very careful in assuming that swa will side with swapa.

JonJon, that made me laugh. If you think they will side otherwise, you have alot to learn about this company. how funny.

All I know is that us Airtran pilots are appreciative of being now managed by SW. I imagine that if we are "well behaved" and incorporate the SW culture we will be treated fairly. If the SW pilots decide to "not behave" and stray from their 40 years of excellent culture management may not be pleased. The grievance on the SWA-Airtran One Luv decal on the 737's sent Bob Jordan through the roof. I plan on being a good boy and doing my best to incorporate the SW culture. I hope the SW pilots can treat us as they would want to be treated and vise-versa.

All I know is that us Airtran pilots are appreciative of being now managed by SW. I imagine that if we are "well behaved" and incorporate the SW culture we will be treated fairly.

Certainly that is true.

The grievance on the SWA-Airtran One Luv decal on the 737's sent Bob Jordan through the roof.

I think some on the AirTran side have overactive imaginations. Our management team (Which includes Bob Jordan) don't get mad at their employees for enforcing their contracts. They get mad at the people who gave them the poor advice that lead to them violating a contract. They don't violate contracts for grins. I'd bet they thought putting a Tranny sticker on one of our planes was OK. Now they know otherwise.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. We will see just how "pissed" he was when the grievance is finally settled. It is a section 1 grievance so it will be settled quickly. My money is on SWAPA and I doubt Bob lost any sleep over the sticker or the grievance.

Last edited:
The grievance on the SWA-Airtran One Luv decal on the 737's sent Bob Jordan through the roof.

Not as spooled up as they got over your MEC's letter.

Latest resources

Back