• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Linden Hillman sent a letter to Gary Kelly and everyone else under the sun asking he submit a retraction and apologize for statements Gary made about his (GK) interpretation of the process agreement. I hear that went over like a fart in church. So...does the Air Tran MEC Czar think he is going to dictate to Gary Kelly (leader of the airline free-world) how to make statements and talk about a contract HE agreed to?

Wasting no time to jump in SWA management’s grill. Have a lot of friends at both carriers and my buds at AAI don’t think much of the MEC.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from a guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I was in recurrent yesterday (SWA recurrent) and found out that it is true.

We had one of the Flight Ops big wigs come in to give us the normal brief. After the briefing there was a break and a few of us hung around to ask a few more questions. These Hillman "demands" were brought up and it was told to us that Hillman sent an email (not a letter as was previously reported) to a few SWA executives while CC'ing all the leadership at ALPA. From what I gathered from the conversation is that the email was sent to Mike Van de Ven, not Gary Kelly. It was also stated that the email was not very well received.

That is about all we were told.

Lear,

I follow you, but your math does not account for the SIGNIFICANT number of the pilot group that works extra (above their line average)...perhaps that is why SWA is staffed on the lean side ...the AAI pilots will probably ant to do the same...I do not see our ratio of pilots/aircraft going up (11/aircraft)...if AAI brings more than that to the table...we will have less extra flying or an excess of pilots...

It really doesn't matter, MJ, you could have EVERY pilot fly 5 more hours a month, taking them to 85 hours of BLOCK (we're not talking credit here, we're talking actual BLOCK hours), and you'd STILL have to add pilots if you increase our daily utilization per aircraft.

In our scenario let's take 200 planes at 7.5 hours per day utilization (that extra added hour we were talking about) for a total of 1,500, times 30 days is 45,000 hours to cover, divide by 85 instead of 80, that's 530, times 2 for 15 days off, 1,060 crews or 2,120 pilots. That's STILL 172 more pilots ASSUMING EVERY SINGLE AIRTRAN PILOT starts flying 85 BLOCK HOURS per month.

I won't. I like my time off and I have a lot of fellow AAI pilots who feel the same way. 80 hours of credit with 75 hours of block is what I shoot for every month.

There's going to be a lot of pilot hiring out of this deal. Between increasing our daily utilization AND increasing our flying in ATL AND increasing our service into Mexico and the Caribbean, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason GK has said repeatedly that AirTran puts Southwest back in growth mode; we needed each other. It's true. You... Complete... Me... (couldn't resist). :D (and no, I haven't been drinking) ;)

It really doesn't matter, MJ, you could have EVERY pilot fly 5 more hours a month, taking them to 85 hours of BLOCK (we're not talking credit here, we're talking actual BLOCK hours), and you'd STILL have to add pilots if you increase our daily utilization per aircraft.

In our scenario let's take 200 planes at 7.5 hours per day utilization (that extra added hour we were talking about) for a total of 1,500, times 30 days is 45,000 hours to cover, divide by 85 instead of 80, that's 530, times 2 for 15 days off, 1,060 crews or 2,120 pilots. That's STILL 172 more pilots ASSUMING EVERY SINGLE AIRTRAN PILOT starts flying 85 BLOCK HOURS per month.

I won't. I like my time off and I have a lot of fellow AAI pilots who feel the same way. 80 hours of credit with 75 hours of block is what I shoot for every month.

There's going to be a lot of pilot hiring out of this deal. Between increasing our daily utilization AND increasing our flying in ATL AND increasing our service into Mexico and the Caribbean, etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason GK has said repeatedly that AirTran puts Southwest back in growth mode; we needed each other. It's true. You... Complete... Me... (couldn't resist). :D (and no, I haven't been drinking) ;)

Sounds positive. Hope it is true. For your Qol, you can have 80 hours of credit with 50-60 block easy.

In april, I had 168 hours credit with 72 block hours. No sick calls, no vacation. Things are good around here right now. Back to the way it used to be before financial crisis. At my FO pay rate, that's just under 21,000$ for the month. Not bragging, just want people to know what is possible. Some are doing alot more than that.

Disclaimer: That is not my rear end in the avatar.

In april, I had 168 hours credit with 72 block hours. No sick calls, no vacation. Things are good around here right now. Back to the way it used to be before financial crisis. At my FO pay rate, that's just under 21,000$ for the month. Not bragging, just want people to know what is possible. Some are doing alot more than that.

Senior senior FO.

You are a dh wizard!

I know! It's all what you want. Qol and good pay or Qol and awesome pay, just have to work. Not hard at all. Even for the Jr folk at SWA.

Latest resources

Back