Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lmao, you fellas are a little slow on the uptake. Questioning the union is one thing. Recalling, or voting for another candidate with a different philosophy is ok too. Advocating decertification, and trashing years of effort for a respectable collective bargaining agreement for personal gain because "you feel good about a company", or its intentions, is selling out on your fellow brothers/sisters. Trojan you use the term "union brother" as though you understand what it means. Clearly you do not.

... with your 6 total posts. \

Trojan

First of all, six total posts isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means, maybe he has a wife at home to screw and productive things to do around the house other than argue about useless stuff on FI.

Second...Where do I sign? I don't want the PBS but if not getting it means maintaining separate lists, we will continue to be the red-headed stepchild and see little to no growth until Skywest is positioned where it wants to be. JA doesn't give a crap about ALPA and there is nothing they can do about it, although they will tell you there is. I want to see ASA grow but it is a changing climate in this industry and if we continue to be stubborn about everything instead of looking at long term planning, we will be left in the dust.

Even though Skywest isn't treated as well as Southwest, the pilots over there do think that what they have is better than ALPA. And they thought that since long BEFORE the purchase of ASA. Maybe it is worth looking into. Its not Ornstein, is JA. Give me my 2% back, a SKYW contract, and I think ASA pilots will continue to have jobs and be one of the leaders in the regional industry.

Also...For those of you who think it is a bad idea to combine lists with United on the verge of taking a crap. SKYW owns the ASA Delta flying and will do with it whatever is necessary to protect their people first. If they lose United flying, we will lose Delta flying. Just my opinion. Best of luck to all.

First of all, six total posts isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means, maybe he has a wife at home to screw and productive things to do around the house other than argue about useless stuff on FI.

Second...Where do I sign? I don't want the PBS but if not getting it means maintaining separate lists, we will continue to be the red-headed stepchild and see little to no growth until Skywest is positioned where it wants to be. JA doesn't give a crap about ALPA and there is nothing they can do about it, although they will tell you there is. I want to see ASA grow but it is a changing climate in this industry and if we continue to be stubborn about everything instead of looking at long term planning, we will be left in the dust.

Even though Skywest isn't treated as well as Southwest, the pilots over there do think that what they have is better than ALPA. And they thought that since long BEFORE the purchase of ASA. Maybe it is worth looking into. Its not Ornstein, is JA. Give me my 2% back, a SKYW contract, and I think ASA pilots will continue to have jobs and be one of the leaders in the regional industry.

Also...For those of you who think it is a bad idea to combine lists with United on the verge of taking a crap. SKYW owns the ASA Delta flying and will do with it whatever is necessary to protect their people first. If they lose United flying, we will lose Delta flying. Just my opinion. Best of luck to all.

Somebody who has 6 posts and just about all of them are resorting to a lead up of a smear campaign, does not lead me to believe one has a life. More like, "LOSER with an agenda." You have a vote, and right to express that vote and opinion. As far as OO taking our flying, they cannot. Read your contract. They can take a little, but not much. That is enforceable.

Anyone else want to tote the line of "Union Brotherhood" while calling a fellow colleague A SCAB? That's full hypocrisy. I'm finding quite a bit of that as of late and it's quite embarrassing.

Trojan

Somebody who has 6 posts and just about all of them are resorting to a lead up of a smear campaign, does not lead me to believe one has a life. More like, "LOSER with an agenda." You have a vote, and right to express that vote and opinion. As far as OO taking our flying, they cannot. Read your contract. They can take a little, but not much. That is enforceable.

Anyone else want to tote the line of "Union Brotherhood" while calling a fellow colleague A SCAB? That's full hypocrisy. I'm finding quite a bit of that as of late and it's quite embarrassing.

Trojan

Enforcable by whom?? ALPA?? That's like me getting in a fight with my reflection in the mirror. Nothing will happen except for me hurting myself. SKYW isn't going to let ASA get bigger than them. They will have snakey lawyers find a way. But lets face it anyway. United won't collapse, politicians won't let them. If giving up somethings (ALPA, line bidding, etc) means a more promising future for those of us at ASA its probably an option worth looking at.

Enforcable by whom?? ALPA?? That's like me getting in a fight with my reflection in the mirror. Nothing will happen except for me hurting myself. SKYW isn't going to let ASA get bigger than them. They will have snakey lawyers find a way. But lets face it anyway. United won't collapse, politicians won't let them. If giving up somethings (ALPA, line bidding, etc) means a more promising future for those of us at ASA its probably an option worth looking at.

RLA. It's the little legal thingy by which Lawyers can enforce with the full backing of the law. It's that, you know, teeth that makes a "binding" Contract. I can understand why you would be worried, you have some catching up to do.

Trojan

Trojan, the Knight in shining armor. Trojan you seem awful hung up on how many posts I have. Are you the guy that goes around defending all of the tools on FI who suggest something asinine? I guess that makes you the PC Nazi. I'm glad you're here Trojan. Without you here to call the bad guys names, the "what's in it for me guys" might get trampled on.

I only have a few posts on here because I rarely ever get involved in the antics on this board. If you don't like my opinion, too bad. It is what it is. If that makes me a bad union member then so be it. However, I have zero inclination to feel "brotherly" towards fellow employees who want to whine about what the "other guys" have. Who cares? We have jobs, and a pretty good contract. I don't think we would be able to say the same thing without that contract. Thanks for being here Trojan, I don't know who else would console the malcontents.

RLA. It's the little legal thingy by which Lawyers can enforce with the full backing of the law. It's that, you know, teeth that makes a "binding" Contract. I can understand why you would be worried, you have some catching up to do.

Trojan

I understand the process. Point is, I don't put any faith in contracts. Any good lawyer can find ways through them.

Hypocrisy, is a pretty strong word. Coming from a guy who just sought to insult someone who was defending the idea of having a union on property against another person, that admittedly would want to do away with the ability to negotiate for the pilot groups' good, against a company that has repeatedly treated us like second class citizens; because that guy thought that someone was not being a sensitive "Union Brother" when calling that person out for what he is?

Hmm, wouldn't that make you the hypocrite (and for that matter the idiot)? Psst.... That was rhetorical also.

I understand the process. Point is, I don't put any faith in contracts. Any good lawyer can find ways through them.

Good point. Not that JA couldn't, he's quite resourceful. But it would be quite timely and very, very expensive. Doubled that last post, dammit!

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back