Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regional pilots cannot negotiate for their mainline flying. That is the purvue of the regional management with the mainline management within the confines of whatever scope the mainline pilots negotiated or didnt negotiate for. Its not a very hard concept in my humble opinion.

Comair has it in their scope section. Look it up. How did they get it?

For argument sake, let's just say you are right. We know Jerry can and has negotiated for it. If you say ALPA can't, and we know Jerry can. Maybe we should be careful about overplaying our perceived power as a union and form a mutually beneficial partnership with Jerry.

To Jumpers point regarding Pinnacle. He is right. Initial reports in the "inner circle" is that it is less than ASA with a single list between Colgan/Pinnacle. If that is the case, then as Jumper points out, we will need to change our plans. Some of our hard working ASA ALPA folks are not real happy about the initial reports. It will put more pressure on us. It is going to look bad when Skywest has higher rates than newly negotiated ALPA rates with a Democratic NMB and a Democratic Administration.

On the PBS issue. Both sides have agreed on most everything. The big hold up is that the union wants about half of the money savings in improvements. The company won't agree to that.

Once again, I'm thinking that a lot of our future here, has to do with Pinnicle and their contract. We all need to be informed on this, and watching to see how this plays out.

I'd put money on it being worse in a lot of areas than ASA's. 75% pay for deadhead alone is nonsense. (if that is actually in there) This will be a BIG failure for ALPA if its not at least as good as ASA's

But you know that Rez and PCL will spin it, and justity it, and somehow blame Skywest pilots for the failure.

I will also agree that there is an appropriate way to disagree with ALPA- how bout' through a letter or a face to face meeting with the MEC/LEC. They may work for ALPA, but they work there for US. If you don't like something, or have a concern, bring it up at a meeting. It's entirely possible that when you are done, you won't be the most popular pilot in the room, but sometimes leadership and dissention come at a cost.

Or better yet, recall them.;)

Comair has it in their scope section. Look it up. How did they get it?

For argument sake, let's just say you are right. We know Jerry can and has negotiated for it. If you say ALPA can't, and we know Jerry can. Maybe we should be careful about overplaying our perceived power as a union and form a mutually beneficial partnership with Jerry.

If Comair has it in their scope, its only because DALPA and their managment has allowed it through their contract AND the Comair MEC used negotiating capital to attain it. Anyways, DALPA can recapture that through negotiations without regard to Comair MEC contract language. Please provide the Comair contract language, thanks.

Just because you are union, does not mean you cannot form a mutually beneficially partnership with management, like SWA for example. In fact, I would go as far as saying that you cannot have a credible partnership of any kind unless you are represented by a bargaining agent recognized by the NMB.

I will take ONE LIST, with some base fences, and ALPA (if I have to) after a certification vote for the whole group. I will gladly swallow my pride in accepting the PFT'ers that would be senior to me. ONE LIST is more important to our pilot groups that most care to acknowledge, ALPA or not.

PBS is another matter. It takes a bit to figure out how not to screw yourself, but I would never choose to go back to hard lines.

I will take ONE LIST, with some base fences, and ALPA (if I have to) after a certification vote for the whole group. I will gladly swallow my pride in accepting the PFT'ers that would be senior to me. ONE LIST is more important to our pilot groups that most care to acknowledge, ALPA or not.

PBS is another matter. It takes a bit to figure out how not to screw yourself, but I would never choose to go back to hard lines.

I agree that one list should be a top priority- for both management as well as our respective pilot groups. However, since I haven't heard of rumblings from either one of the two management groups to indicate intrest from INC., I'd have to say this whole discussion is moot. As far as ALPA- I could take it or leave it, either way. I'm looking for effectiveness and the long road- don't really care how we get there, or who gets us there. I don't really have any disdain for ALPA, nor any deep felt love. Simply, it's just what we've got. However, I will say that I am more concerned with OUR happenings than I am with the National agenda and old school, outdated, method of business. I'm hoping that our dealings with Delta, and Lee Moak, are a foreshadowing of the evolution of ALPA business, and it's evolving game plan for the long term future. I suppose time will tell.

However, there is one thing I feel strongly about. If this T/A is as bad as it is forcast to be, I think that there should be some very clear, and unmistakably poinient actions taken here. After four years of talking about stopping the undercutting within DCI, if this is indeed substantially less than what ASA has, I think they ought to be tossed off the ALPA roll, as should Mesa. I also think that they ought to bask in the glory of their newfound pass privelages. If they want to "go it alone", then I think they should be allowed to do just that.

from a source inside delta - the lga dci flying will come up for bid. pinnacle, comair and asa will be the three most likely candidates for most of it. he says asa is the only one without dual flying and that will more than likely kill the bid. thank you current alpa leadership.

Latest resources

Back