Whats up with civi pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
So he can insult civilian pilots and that's okay. Some civi snaps back and all of a sudden military pilots get all thin skinned? Common that's crap.

It's a two way street.

By the way i've got plenty of time. Don't need to advertise it. It is what it is.

Well then why don't you share some of your background with us. Major airline, Regional, Freight, Ag? Where are you coming from anyway? The civilian and military skill sets are unique and have been beaten to death here before, usually without benefit of the kind of insults seen here in the last 12 posts. What is it that you bring to the table that makes you a qualifed pilot to comment on these issues? I would really like to know since you seem to harbor some strong feelings on these issues. Maybe your right and I am the one who is out of place? Come on fess up.

Diesel said:
can get by one of you ring knockers.

I am not a "ring knocker," as I did not graduate from a service academy. But nice job misusing the phrase and dropping another rung on the credibility ladder with us military folk. You might want to reference a previous post of mine:

Fury220 said:
Notice, I don't comment much about what you guys do. Why? Well, my knowledge base is small when it comes to your job. I respect the guys on the other side of the fence who do the same.

I think a lot of the friction here on FI.com arises when pilots (both civ AND mil) cross that line and talk out of their stinky holes on topics they know very little about.

I added the emphasis to increase your chances of comprehension...especially since you missed it the first time.

Diesel said:
Did you actually fly anything in the military or just critique other guys on how they actually flew the plane?

Refer to what I just said as I continue to roll my eyes at you.

If we're talking about professionalism (which is seemingly the underlying theme of this thread), Diesel wins the prize. Sharp comments about "whining" and "b!tching" might do little more than hurt the SNAPs' feelings (sundown not included, I'm sure :) ), but commenting about fornication with someone else's family members crosses a much different, more defined, and much more hostile line. Yes, it's a joke, I'm sure, but say that to me with anything else than a smile while we're both downing beers at the bar, and you'll find yourself on the floor in need of a dentist. Period dot.

Again, I got nuthin' but love for the professional pilots out there, civ or mil. Special emphasis on the word "professional."

So it's not insulting when some guy who we have no idea HIS background (for all he says he could be a microsoft sim addict) and talks trash about civi's that's okay. Civi's are just supposed to take it. Yet one starts giving it right back and oooh oh no that's taboo. Big wah.

What does it matter what my background is. It can't be proven. I can say I have shuttle launches. Just like that guy saying he's in the military can't be proven. What about 350driver. how long did he have people dupped?

semperfido said:
not really. it was more like insulting all military pilots. at least that is how it came across to me.

Twoop!

Diesel said:
So he can insult civilian pilots and that's okay. Some civi snaps back and all of a sudden military pilots get all thin skinned? Common that's crap.

It's a two way street.

By the way i've got plenty of time. Don't need to advertise it. It is what it is.

you have to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt. just look at his profile. he has probably been cucooned away in the desert flying a chopper. what does he know? probably not much about this game we are in. a little humor-no problem. down right insults. no way. two wrongs don't make a right. no one threw a nasty at civil pilots the way you did at mil pilots.

Don't be sorry. Civilian flying is a joke compared to military flying. That is why there will always be an inseparable gulf between pure civilian background pilots and military background pilots. On the other hand, civilians don't have to write ground training programs, wear MOP gear, get anthrax shots, and watch their friends become smoking holes. You go civilian for either QOL, pay, or both, not because the flying is better.

Oh, the unfettered, ignorant arrogance of that.

Yes, it's a joke, I'm sure, but say that to me with anything else than a smile while we're both downing beers at the bar, and you'll find yourself on the floor in need of a dentist. Period dot.

Well, period dot, that's perhaps just a little more cocky...that assumption that your opposition would be the one on the floor. Don't you think?

No, you don't, else you might not resort to threats. Here, or elsewhere. Don't forget. There's always someone faster, better, bigger, tougher.

Everybody here seems very touchy on the subject, and more than a little arrogant, too. Mine is better this, mine is better that. Hooey.

Eat your own pizza. Watch your own movie. Don't worry about what the other guy is doing, particularly in the event you haven't walked in his shoes.

Last edited:
This thread has picked up a bit, I must admit...I can just feel the hate. ha.

yeah, it was a non-starter. BUT wait- it quickly degenerated into an ugly mud fest. btw, what does twoop mean?

avbug said:
Oh, the unfettered, ignorant arrogance of that.

Well, period dot, that's perhaps just a little more cocky...that assumption that your opposition would be the one on the floor. Don't you think?

No, you don't, else you might not resort to threats. Here, or elsewhere. Don't forget. There's always someone faster, better, bigger, tougher.

Everybody here seems very touchy on the subject, and more than a little arrogant, too. Mine is better this, mine is better that. Hooey.

Eat your own pizza. Watch your own movie. Don't worry about what the other guy is doing, particularly in the event you haven't walked in his shoes.

Avbug..............wow. I always enjoy your view points and I seem recall a similar thread where you were going to waste someone if they so much as touched a child. Also recall passing along similar advice to you then. I'm happy, if not suprised that you are taking considering my point of view before you attempt to kick the other guys ass. A man's gotta know his limitations otherwise he might find out just how tough the other guy is.

All kidding aside, this string has degenerated somewhat. I don't think this is the place where one needs to be bragging about seducing the other guys wife while he is in the service of our country and yes, I think Diesel needs to come forward and share his background with us just so we can see where he is coming from.

Last edited:
What a f-ed up thread!!!!!! You guys are great, keeps me amused. Happy Holidays!!!!

Latest resources

Back