Whats up with civi pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SUNDOWN said:
I'll never understand this you guys's aint sh!* attitude. Any way Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas! :) Please note, nowhere here did I contrast the people, just the flying. If you percieve some slight, that's your issue. I'll stand by my revised statement... scheduled air carrier flying is boring compared to military flying. Why is that so outlandish? What if I said "Alaska bush flying in winter is more exciting than flying a VFR leg from PHX to Tucson in a cherokee?" Someone might still argue against that, but I doubt that the general truth of the statement can be denied.

Added: I did write this: "inseparable gulf..." This could be misconstrued easily, and I apologize for it. The "gulf" is NOT one of ability, simply experience. There is also an inseperable gulf between myself and a guy who flew night checks in the wintertime, in a sputtering single. While the guy can discuss and describe his experience, never having done it, I have a tough time envisioning the whole scene.

Last edited:
Whining - yes, Pu$$ies - no. Just like the military. If you are doing it for the better flying stay in get the 20 then you can get out and whine plus get your pension.

Gorilla said:
Added: I did write this: "inseparable gulf..." This could be misconstrued easily, and I apologize for it. The "gulf" is NOT one of ability, simply experience. There is also an inseperable gulf between myself and a guy who flew night checks in the wintertime, in a sputtering single. While the guy can discuss and describe his experience, never having done it, I have a tough time envisioning the whole scene.

Well they weren't singles but they were always sputtering. As I have stated before on this board...I have nothing but repect for my Military counterparts. Some are my best friends. Just wish the love flowed both ways. Maybe this sounds a bit SNAPish ( Fury....that was directed at you in a good way) Let's try not generalize. Gorilla I can't imagine wanting to fly a 72 over a Tactical Fighter (helos scare me). But for the most part it's a safe well paying gig.

Sundown,
I believe it does flow both ways with most reasonable folks. I have some very good friends that are pro-pilots, and never spent a day in the military. Great folks, great pilots, and I learn from them.

SUNDOWN said:
...maybe this sounds a bit SNAPish ( Fury....that was directed at you in a good way)

How about that? Learning on FI.com! :)

Nuthin but love both ways for you guys. Notice, I don't comment much about what you guys do. Why? Well, my knowledge base is small when it comes to your job. I respect the guys on the other side of the fence who do the same.

I think a lot of the friction here on FI.com arises when pilots (both civ AND mil) cross that line and talk out of their stinky holes on topics they know very little about.

Merry Christmas to all.

I was thinking CAL or FEDEX are holding positions open just for him.

Enjoy the right seat if you could even get the job with that attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooker...
Yes, most civilian pilots are whiners. Haven't you heard the old joke - What's the difference between a pilot and a jet engine? A jet engine stops whining after you pull up to the ramp.

Merry Christmas all.

'Sled

Diesel said:
I was thinking CAL or FEDEX are holding positions open just for him.

Enjoy the right seat if you could even get the job with that attitude.

Now that's a shame! Everyone was just starting to play nicely again. :crying:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right I should have said, "your wife and daughter."

Edited: ring knocker told me i placed a apostrophe in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back