Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone else, "So, what type of airplane do you fly?" Me, "I fly a Canadair Regional Jet. It's a 50-70 seat jet." Them, "So is it a turboprop?"

Going through security with my other 2 crew members with all of us in full uniform working a flight. Security agent asks "do you have a boarding pass". My response was "no did'nt you know it is halloween, we just are dressing up in this uniform for the fun of it".

They pay these security people how much?

I am on a two hour layover in PHL, and walking to the food court by terminal b and c. A woman grabs me from behind, and says "Where is the flight to Peoria?" in an angry voice. I am angry that this woman just grabbed me, so I say in my most polite voice "It is at the end of the A terminal, right between the flights to Rome and London. You wont see it marked at the gate, and those guys on the A terminal are real jokers, so they will probably tell you that you are in the wrong place, but do not take no for an answer" The evil woman stormed off in the direction of the A terminal without so much as a thankyou.

viper548 said:
What's the inflight movie? (on a CRJ)

Oh yeah? Same question was asked to me...in a J32 from IAD to BWI (a 7 minute flight!)

And on last weeks static demo: One gal walked up and asked if the plane was a jet (It was a Hawker 400XP).

About an hour later another asks where the engines are.

Brilliance.

Standing at the gate awhile back waiting for our CRJ to finish deplaning a passenger asked me if the props were hidden in the wings.

On the way from the airport in Charleston, WV to the hotel for the overnight we stopped at a convenience store to pick up a six pack and some junk food. I went in with my overcoat on over my uni. I had taken off my ID but forgot I had my wings on my shirt. As the clerk was ringing up my beer and food, he caught sight of the wings and said "Are you a pilot?". Without hesitating I said "No, I'm a cop!" and walked out. The look on his face was pricelss.

Q. Look at all those switches and dials, do you know what all those do?

A. All but that one, that one is a mystery.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back