• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quickest way to lose a managed client is to tell the owner who is going to fly his plane. Its been tried before and the owner is out selecting a new mgmt company quicker than you can say peanut butter.

EJM tried this last year and lost a $150K account. A friend was the pilot who flew the owner for 24 years and EJM thought he would get in between them and the owner. Major mistake by EJM.

At least G4 is honest in his willingness to screw over other pilots.

G4 is right about the economy determining the size of your operation. He is wrong about scope. If you allow yourselves to be broken into smaller bargaining units, you lose bargaining power. No pilot has ever benefited from that, ever.

That's part of what happened at Delta. They knew that in bankruptcy the CBA could be toast, so they gave concessions. In exchange, the company agreed that they would not try to throw out the contract. This way, the pilots had some choice in what they gave. Actually, the biggest concession (worth by far the most to the company) was not pay or work rules. Alpa agreed not to fight the termination of the pension plan. Since a high percentage of the senior pilots had bailed, there was not much resistance to throwing the "old" guys under the bus.
Helm

Fisch - he thinks that his seniority will protect him and only junior guys will get let go. It's all about him.

You obviously haven't read all my posts. I have been laid off eleven times, and really feel the pain of the 495. I also don't want anybody else to join them. I feel the way I do about scope for the same reason you feel the opposite way about scope. We both care about the pilots, but have different ideas about the best way to protect their jobs.

The "Union" IS THE PILOTS. The eboard speaks for US, executing OUR will.

Are you really that ignorant of how this works?

Be sure to give Noe a recommendation in his search. He won't get one from many others.

I know how it works, just don't like it. :) Noe is an excellent man and manager, and I enjoyed flying for him while at NJI.

Now for something a bit more proactive...

What are some ways/scenarios... EJM aircraft could be flown by Union pilots?

I ask because it is obviously apparent the intent is to outsource to EJM... If they (management) want to do nothing more than this, is it possible to somehow work out something where it is done with NJA pilots? Maybe another integration?

NOT a CONCESSION to 1.5.4(c), but rather another combining of the seniority list. A reshuffling of the furloughees, and then even if EJM grows, it will be with NJA pilots.... Some EJM pilots would get hosed with a furlough, some furloughees would reap some recall benefits, and then as business grows (NJA or EJM) business would cary on as usual with recalls etc..

PROS/CONS???? Honest question...

If the company outsources to EJM, how does that cost pilots jobs? Oh yeah, you mean UNION pilot jobs. This isn't about compassion for potentially unemployed pilots at all, apparently.

Latest resources

Back