• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going to make this real simple for you.

There is NO WAY the NJASAP pilots are going to vote in a concession. It simply will not happen. The 495 post they don't want concessions. The bottom of the active list don't want concessions.

IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

WB can proceed with his business plans for NetJets with that information.

Watch out, Cal, the union Crazies will insult you from now on! Netjets is a great place to work, by the way, the best I ever experienced.

Let the company worry about making money. If they can't do so without outsourcing our jobs, then the place isn't worth saving anyway.

If santulli can buy this company back for pennies on the dollar, then I say burn baby burn!!! Buffet's really got this company turned around and headed in the right direction.........down the crapper!!

Watch out, Cal, the union Crazies will insult you from now on! Netjets is a great place to work, by the way, the best I ever experienced.

While I'm certainly not a "union crazy" (and yes, I know the type you're referring to), I would gladly see this entire company driven into liquidation resulting in the loss of your job and mine before I'd vote to allow ANY type of concession (especially scope relief). I think the vast majority of pilots here would agree with that.

If santulli can buy this company back for pennies on the dollar, then I say burn baby burn!!!!

Bingo...The company will not simply dissolve. At some point it will be worth so much less than what WB has invested that selling may be his best option. Hopefully RTS would buy it back, fire all the idiots in Bridgeway, bring his guys back in, and regrow the company... At the very least someone buys us that wants to grow the company again.

Either way, almost all options are better than the sorry affairs going on at Bridgeway these days

I'm going to make this real simple for you.

There is NO WAY the NJASAP pilots are going to vote in a concession. It simply will not happen. The 495 post they don't want concessions. The bottom of the active list don't want concessions.

IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

WB can proceed with his business plans for NetJets with that information.

I agree 100%..and to go even further. It won't even come to a vote. As far as I can tell, Union leadership will not bring any type of concession to a vote. Especially a concession concerning scope.

Unless it helps the pilots, is a benefit to the pilots, or increases the pilots contract, there will be no vote. Every pilot who has a stake in the next supposed round of furloughs (junior SIC's) has simply said Go F%% Yourself to this scope/furlough talk. (atleast everyone I've seen talk about it.)

And now to add insult to injury, junior Captains are in the mix because they are being threatened with downgrades. And we all know that once Captains start being affected, they suddenly start getting more involved and taking a stand. Versus the usual, I've got mine you're just paying your dues rhetoric.

One thing that does make me feel better is I doubt there will be another Union message about being a contractual right to extend...

This stuff truly cracks me up! Let's for one minute stop talking s@!t about NJA, scope, pay and drawing lines in the sand and look at reality. The reality is the people who are our clients no longer have the money to buy. It's that simple. Once we get past that fact then we can talk about the rest. I hate to say the 495 are NOT coming back. It's that simple. Luthi stated the company is going to keep shrinking over the next ten years. I would read that a 30-50% reduction over the next 3-5 years! That's the reality. We can talk all we want but that's the barrel of the gun we're looking down.

I personally think the best thing that can happen is we get sold. Then again there's nothing to sell except a few hangars and a clapped out core fleet. The company is a shell. We don't own 400 airplanes, the clients do. Sure we have the Marquis airframes but they're worth squat.

There's not going to be a turn around here. Wake up and smell the coffee! The whole country is heading for financial disaster and we're just a small portion. The sooner you guys learn that the better and the better you will be prepared.

As far as concessions, we provide valuable skills to the clients, the ones who remain should pay for them. Simple as that. Concessions and continued cuts are not going to save NJA. A change in the model and airplane sales will. I don't see that happening under this management or economy anytime soon.

Last edited:
This stuff truly cracks me up! Let's for one minute stop talking s@!t about NJA, scope, pay and drawing lines in the sand and look at reality. The reality is the people who are our clients no longer have the money to buy. It's that simple. Once we get past that fact then we can talk about the rest. I hate to say the 495 are NOT coming back. It's that simple. Luthi stated the company is going to keep shrinking over the next ten years. I would read that a 30-50% reduction over the next 3-5 years! That's the reality. We can talk all we want but that's the barrel of the gun we're looking down.

I personally think the best thing that can happen is we get sold. Then again there's nothing to sell except a few hangars and a clapped out core fleet. The company is a shell. We don't own 400 airplanes, the clients do. Sure we have the Marquis airframes but they're worth squat.

There's not going to be a turn around here. Wake up and smell the coffee! The whole country is heading for financial disaster and we're just a small portion. The sooner you guys learn that the better and the better you will be prepared.

As far as concessions, we provide valuable skills to the clients, the ones who remain should pay for them. Simple as that. Concessions and continued cuts are not going to save NJA. A change in the model and airplane sales will. I don't see that happening under this management or economy anytime soon.

Please give a reference to the above statement of Luthi "stating the company is going to keep shrinking the next 10 years". I have never heard or read that. Or did you make it up?

He posted it in a thread on the union site. I forget which one but it was about a week and half or two weeks ago. No BS! That's been the company plan all along. I'm just the messanger!

He posted it in a thread on the union site. I forget which one but it was about a week and half or two weeks ago. No BS! That's been the company plan all along. I'm just the messanger!

I just searched every Luthi post on the Union message board since 9/1/11. There is nothing remotely close to what you have posted.

Latest resources

Back