• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or never join in the first place. Last number I heard was five former NJI that did not join the union and are "fee payers."

And one of them has retained a lawyer. Things should get "interesting" soon.

If I remember correctly, ALPA and Teamsters are the same. You can choose not to join, BUT still have to pay..... retaining a lawyer should not yield him much of a response. It's been happening for years, long before NJASAP and NJI.

Or never join in the first place. Last number I heard was five former NJI that did not join the union and are "fee payers."

And one of them has retained a lawyer. Things should get "interesting" soon.

There are several "NJA" pilots who are fee payers too. It really doesn't break my heart if someone like that decides not to join. It makes my job as a "union crazy" more easy. I don't have to convince them to vote my way. I'm curious too what he intends to accomplish with a lawyer. Please post what comes of this.

All I ask, don't render NJA noncompetitive. :)

That's already being done, and not by the union.

They are "not repairing" the house so they can have the illusion of saving money.

The union has been screaming from the rooftops that we need to put emphasis on sales, the quality of service, and the upkeep and aquisition of aircraft.

The company hasn't put any emphasis on any of these issues. (They are taking a "we will tax the serfs more" to generate revenue. WTF?)

This CEO has no clue what he is doing.

Do you think if we hired NJAowner to come in and run this company he would be doing these things?

(He has an extensive backround in aviation and as an owner. I'll bet he would be on the customer service issue most "ricky tick". That would certainly entail addressing the other issues as well.)

G4, if you really wanna have an epithany, read Confessions of a Union Buster. I am ex-military and had no idea there was such an industry. To think that our EMT is trying to bust the union is a collosal waste of time and assets that could be used to take the company in a possitive direction.

Take care, Semore

What does that pilot expect to accomplish?

It is with regard to the destination of the agency fee currently being paid to the union.

A legal case can be made for demanding that an individual's dues or fees be paid to a CFR 501 (c) (3) charity instead of the union. The precedent exists at other union shops including other airlines governed by the RLA. That's why it will be interesting.

Last edited:
It is with regard to the destination of the agency fee currently being paid to the union.

A legal case can be made for demanding that an individual's dues or fees be paid to a CFR 501 (c) (3) charity instead of the union. The precedent exists at other union shops including other airlines governed by the RLA. That's why it will be interesting.

Now THAT I didn't know.

Now THAT I didn't know.

It isn't in place here. At least not yet. And I'm sure the poo-bahs at NJASAP will tell you it won't be. I figure it will end up in front of a judge or the NLRB at some point.

Latest resources

Back