• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First off Hansel is still playing by Gretel's, I mean Sokol's playbook. A sad little tome that came off the university business school presses not the press of reality. They are continuing to shrink this company and that's their plan. Concessions have nothing to do with it other than line their pockets because less is coming in. If they need to furough then furlogh. I personally don't think the 495 are coming back or at least not for a very very long time. If I was one of them and thankfully I am not, I would just move on and say thanks for the memories and measuring stick of what a good job was! Now the important thing, scope. I can give whatever is needed if it truly came down to that except for scope! Without a locked in solid scope clause we have nothing. There will be no job to give those concessions for! None of it matters without scope. My biggest concern is all the used airplanes we're sitting on and I think that needs to be addressed in scope also. The used airframes can bite us hard and take away business. They want to shift as much as possible to EJM using those old airframes and shrink NJA, it's obvious. We cannot back down onn this issue or give one inch. If we do you gave the biggest concession of all, your job. They need to get back to truly running this business not gutting it. I won't give an inch.

Last edited:
I just don't agree with the Union position. This has nothing to with disrespect for anybody. We are heading into another recession and I am very worried about our jobs, which are provided by the company, which needs to be profitable in order to employ us all. When the Euro bond market collapses, our financial institutions will suffer, our 401Ks will tank, and our potential owner list will dwindle. This is the REAL world which the Union would like to ignore, in my humble opinion.

I don't think anyone is going to argue against the idea that the economy plays the biggest role in the size of the company. We all accept that is something we do not have control over. What we do have control over is telling the company in no uncertain terms that they will not outsource our jobs. Your willingness to sell out other pilots in your group is disgusting.

Just to be clear: Your desire for concessions in the scope clause will cause the outsourcing of NJA pilot jobs and will cause furloughs. Your 11 years with the company will become meaningless as you slide further and further down the list and eventually fall off.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is going to argue against the idea that the economy plays the biggest role in the size of the company. We all accept that is something we do not have control over. What we do have control over is telling the company in no uncertain terms that they will not outsource our jobs. Your willingness to sell out other pilots in your group is disgusting.

Just to be clear: Your desire for concessions in the scope clause will cause the outsourcing of NJA pilot jobs and will cause furloughs. Your 11 years with the company will become meaningless as you slide further and further down the list and eventually fall off.

I wish this conversation could be free of the personal attacks. I am not selling out anybody, just am not willing to financially weaken the company for illusory jobs that supposedly exist in a vacuum. I never attacked you personally. By the way, is a job with EJM inferior to one with NJA? I don't know a lot about EJM.

What I said was not a personal attack. It is what you believe and wish upon others at your company. If the truth hurts, then that's because it should. The company is free to furlough more pilots if they need to, but they will do so while honoring the scope clause of the collective bargaining agreement.

What I said was not a personal attack. It is what you believe and wish upon others at your company. If the truth hurts, then that's because it should. The company is free to furlough more pilots if they need to, but they will do so while honoring the scope clause of the collective bargaining agreement.

The personal attack is because you state I don't care about my fellow pilots. That is not true. You and I just differ about what policies best benefit them. See the difference? Just because I don't agree with you about the solution doesn't mean I don't care equally about the problem.

First off Hansel is still playing by Gretel's, I mean Sokol's playbook. A sad little tome that came off the university business school presses not the press of reality. They are continuing to shrink this company and that's their plan. Concessions have nothing to do with it other than line their pockets because less is coming in. If they need to furough then furlogh. I personally don't think the 495 are coming back or at least not for a very very long time. If I was one of them and thankfully I am not, I would just move on and say thanks for the memories and measuring stick of what a good job was! Now the important thing, scope. I can give whatever is needed if it truly came down to that except for scope! Without a locked in solid scope clause we have nothing. There will be no job to give those concessions for! None of it matters without scope. My biggest concern is all the used airplanes we're sitting on and I think that needs to be addressed in scope also. The used airframes can bite us hard and take away business. They want to shift as much as possible to EJM using those old airframes and shrink NJA, it's obvious. We cannot back down onn this issue or give one inch. If we do you gave the biggest concession of all, your job. They need to get back to truly running this business not gutting it. I won't give an inch.

Can you point me to that post by Luthi on the union message board that says we will be shrinking for 10 years? I went back to 8/1 now, and can't seem to find it. Or, are you making this up?

The personal attack is because you state I don't care about my fellow pilots. That is not true. You and I just differ about what policies best benefit them. See the difference? Just because I don't agree with you about the solution doesn't mean I don't care equally about the problem.

You openly state you'd rather see NJA pilots lose their jobs than not give in to concessions. That is the opinion of someone who doesn't care about their fellow pilots. As I made clear earlier, giving back on scope will put your coworkers on the street. Yet you are perfectly fine with that. You can't run and hide from this, as it is exactly what you are promoting.

Looks to me like B19 has another login. wouldn't you agree STW?

Latest resources

Back