• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you point me to that post by Luthi on the union message board that says we will be shrinking for 10 years? I went back to 8/1 now, and can't seem to find it. Or, are you making this up?

It's in there, within the last three weeks. I'll look too, but I read it in someone's post, Luthi was responding to a post.

Last edited:
I think last week made mention of it.

You openly state you'd rather see NJA pilots lose their jobs than not give in to concessions. That is the opinion of someone who doesn't care about their fellow pilots. As I made clear earlier, giving back on scope will put your coworkers on the street. Yet you are perfectly fine with that. You can't run and hide from this, as it is exactly what you are promoting.

Absolutely wrong. I state that conceding on Scope will save jobs by helping NJA stay profitable. However, if some future jobs go to EJM instead of NJA, why is this some sort of morally wrong result? A hired EJM pilot is just as happy as a hired NJA pilot. I CAN see why the union doesn't like it, however, which doesn't bother me at all. The union doesn't care about anything outside of its own selfish interests.

I wish this conversation could be free of the personal attacks. I am not selling out anybody, just am not willing to financially weaken the company for illusory jobs that supposedly exist in a vacuum. I never attacked you personally. By the way, is a job with EJM inferior to one with NJA? I don't know a lot about EJM.

I know a 495er who is at EJM now. He took a big pay cut, and they don't have the protections of NJASAP.

Absolutely wrong. I state that conceding on Scope will save jobs by helping NJA stay profitable. However, if some future jobs go to EJM instead of NJA, why is this some sort of morally wrong result? A hired EJM pilot is just as happy as a hired NJA pilot. I CAN see why the union doesn't like it, however, which doesn't bother me at all. The union doesn't care about anything outside of its own selfish interests.

HA!!! Selfish? Look in the mirror brother. Tell me what you see.

Pot. Meet kettle.

I know a 495er who is at EJM now. He took a big pay cut, and they don't have the protections of NJASAP.

And NJA is in a better financial position to stay in business, thereby preserving our jobs. If we ain't profitable, we lose our jobs.

Can you point me to that post by Luthi on the union message board that says we will be shrinking for 10 years? I went back to 8/1 now, and can't seem to find it. Or, are you making this up?

It's pretty buried in the union message board by now. It was in a thread called Union Busting 101 and at least a couple of pages into that thread. It opened my eyes a little more. I sure hope Luthi is wrong on that prediction. Unfortunately, most of the data he uses to support it adds up. I think we will get a better idea if it is heading that much lower once we see how many "firm" orders the company makes for mid/ super mid size airplanes. I understand that "firm" orders from NJA aren't really firm, but most likely they do give a descent idea of the current plans for the minimum fleet size. I don't believe managements size statements, but I am hoping that it won't be as low as some data points.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back