• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, pilots in your pilot group. Your coworkers. The people that you see in recurrent, that also represent your brand. Those people. I'm really not surprised that you feel a discussion about selling out pilots at your company is "fun". Disturbed, but not surprised.

Last edited:
Yes, pilots in your pilot group. Your coworkers. The people that you see in recurrent, that also represent your brand. Those people. I'm really not surprised that you feel a discussion about selling out pilots at your company is "fun". Disturbed, but not surprised.

Actually, I think some of the 495 are now employed by EJM. Sorry you are so disturbed.

Okay, okay. I know, I have no business in this discussion, but I've had a couple, and G4 is getting to me. Over the past 40 years, the flying profession, like most others, has seen real compensation decrease by at least 50%. There are many reasons, but basically the price of flying has decreased for the public, and compensation for shareholders and executives has shot through the roof.

It used to be that a company had stakeholders; employees, customers, and shareholders. Now, shareholders hold sway over both employees and customers. As a result, customer service has gone down, and compensation for employees has been chopped in half. We have a new reality. Management wants the money, and are not interested in employees or customers except in how they can be convinced to cough up as much money as possible.

So what do you do? First, concede nothing. Trust me, management won't. Second, explain to management the cost of an unhappy workforce. They will understand the expense of unhappy pilots on the road with millions of dollars of assets. Be constructive about how you can help the bottom line, but make it clear that you will tolerate nothing less than being treated like a partner. Accept nothing less.

As pilots, we are where the rubber meets the road. We have educated ourselves at great expense, and we handle a multi-million dollar asset, as well as customers, far from base. We are the most important piece of the puzzle. Expect to be compensated accordingly. If you accept less, you merely line the pockets of those who do less.

Sorry for the rant. Couldn't take it any more. Back to my hole.

Wacoflyr

All of us desire NetJets to stay in business, and to thrive.

Concessions will make Hansell thrive, not NetJets.

All of us desire NetJets to stay in business, and to thrive.

Concessions will make Hansell thrive, not NetJets.[/QUOTE

Speaking of Hansell, what kind of manager is he? Does he know much about our business? It seems like we are being led by a ghost. :)

Okay, okay. I know, I have no business in this discussion, but I've had a couple, and G4 is getting to me. Over the past 40 years, the flying profession, like most others, has seen real compensation decrease by at least 50%. There are many reasons, but basically the price of flying has decreased for the public, and compensation for shareholders and executives has shot through the roof.

It used to be that a company had stakeholders; employees, customers, and shareholders. Now, shareholders hold sway over both employees and customers. As a result, customer service has gone down, and compensation for employees has been chopped in half. We have a new reality. Management wants the money, and are not interested in employees or customers except in how they can be convinced to cough up as much money as possible.

So what do you do? First, concede nothing. Trust me, management won't. Second, explain to management the cost of an unhappy workforce. They will understand the expense of unhappy pilots on the road with millions of dollars of assets. Be constructive about how you can help the bottom line, but make it clear that you will tolerate nothing less than being treated like a partner. Accept nothing less.

As pilots, we are where the rubber meets the road. We have educated ourselves at great expense, and we handle a multi-million dollar asset, as well as customers, far from base. We are the most important piece of the puzzle. Expect to be compensated accordingly. If you accept less, you merely line the pockets of those who do less.

Sorry for the rant. Couldn't take it any more. Back to my hole.

Wacoflyr

Are there a lot of unhappy NJA pilots? Not at the former NJI, I can tell you, where my views are pretty mainstream. Do you feel we are underpaid? I surely don't. Neither do my colleagues with whom I fly. This conversation is quite a revelation to me.

Doesn't change your lack of respect for your coworkers. Truly sad.

I just don't agree with the Union position. This has nothing to with disrespect for anybody. We are heading into another recession and I am very worried about our jobs, which are provided by the company, which needs to be profitable in order to employ us all. When the Euro bond market collapses, our financial institutions will suffer, our 401Ks will tank, and our potential owner list will dwindle. This is the REAL world which the Union would like to ignore, in my humble opinion.

Latest resources

Back